Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glitterbag

Bluestar assistance-floor model

glitterbag
11 years ago

Hi,

I am mostly a lurker on this forum and try to keep up on all the opinions on various ranges. We are looking for a 36" range and have come across a 36" bluestar heritage with raised griddle that the store is trying to sell for around 4,700.00. The store stopped selling bluestar, as they did not meet the demand they expected, and thus this lone model keeps getting marked down, as it is not a model that most gravitate to. I saw the paperwork and, although it is new and never used, it was delivered to their store in Dec 2007. My main concern is that I have read on this forum that bluestar experienced some problems back then, mainly with hot doors, and so I am concerned that, although, Bluestar has since stepped up and fixed various issues, this particular range is still susceptible to old bluestar standards/issues. Also concerned that it has been sitting in a store for 4.5 years. Should I be? Any advice for me? At this point in our search, we are debating between this model and 36" wolf with griddle.

Thank you in advance.

Comments (3)