Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Need a bargain warming drawer: any online sources?

ontariomom
9 years ago

Hi all,

We would like to add a warming drawer to our kitchen plan. We can't order our cabinets until we work out this last detail. Our appliance budget is already stretched so we don't want one with a big price tag, nor bells and whistles. We are constrained a bit by the drawer height. We have a maximum of 10 inch height available (drawer height, not cut-out height). We have room for a 30" wide drawer. We would like one that has a proofing setting. The following models fit our size constraints:

Kitchenaid Architect Series II (KEWS105B)
Bosch 500 Series (HWD5051UC)
Dacor Renaissance Integrated
Dacor Renaissance Epicure EWO
GE Profile (PW9000)
GE Cafe Series
American Range Villa Series

Can anybody point us to an online dealer who sells floor model appliances? In the past we ordered from Standards of Excellence, but I believe they went out of business. We live in Canada, but have a US border postal box that we can ship items to and then drive to pick up.

TIA!

Carol

Comments (6)

• xedos
    9 years ago

wow,

I'd like to have..........tomorrow.................for ..............50 cents

I think you have waaaaaaaay too many constraints to get a "deal" on a warming drawer.

First you are in a hurry. - This doesn't lend itself to finding bargains.

Second, your choice is limited to 5 distinct models.

Third , you want a feature that few models even have, further limiting your options.

Unless you are EXTREMELY lucky, your only real play is to have the electrician run a wire and a temp outlet box for you to use once you find that bargain. Then you can have the cabinet installer come back and modify the space to accommodate the warming drawer.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

Besides the great advice not to rush now, you might try Craigslist. Dealers in my area tend to put their floor models on CL to generate interest.

• ontariomom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@Xedos and gooster.

Thanks for your responses. Xedos,I am not sure what feature you were referring to that was rare (maybe the proofing feature). I will keep CL in mind. Around here, we tend to use Kijiji, so don't always think about CL.

Anyway the good news is we found a Jenn-air warming drawer floor model that was a very decent price and has all of our features. We found it at a Sears Outlet in little old Ontario, Canada -- so not far from home.

I'm guessing the on-line company -- Standards of Excellence -- has not yet been replaced by an equivalent company (i.e. another on-line appliance store that sells lots of floor models).

Carol

• Gooster
    9 years ago

I'm glad you found a warming drawer. I found lots of them in the backrooms of showrooms, as I was told that they are no longer popular and are often left behind when the displays are sold. (I too bought a floor model that happened to match my fridge).

We have a Standards of Excellence in our area (California) but it is a regular dealer. We do have a retailer that specializes in b-stock and distributor overstock. They also sell via CL and Ebay (another source). There are others like them around the continent.

• ontariomom
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks gooster for your info. I agree with you that finding a floor model warming drawer was not that hard as they are often not that popular and not snapped up quickly. Thanks for letting me know Standard of Excellence was still around in a retail form anyway.

Carol

• xedos
    9 years ago

yes, proofing setting is rare, though soem drawers can maintain that temp.