Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any help please! Bluestar range content

Posted by knightatnight (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 13:42

Howdy GW!

Long time lurker here.

I bought a RCS 36" Bluestar from Costco, the deal was too good I couldn't pass it. I am having a hardtime finding any dealer that would get bluestar to send me the 22k upgrade kit from 15k in canada :(

15k is simply not good enough for WOK cooking especially if you entertain.

How can I do this, I need the 22k orfices and burners :( Can anyone help?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any help please! Bluestar range content

just to clarify, I only need 1 maybe 2 upgrade kits, not all! Anyone in US willing to help please?

o

Have you tried to just call Bluestar directly and order the part numbers that you need?

o

I believe that they can only be upgraded to 18 K with the kits? But I could be wrong here. Where are you in Canada?

o

You can upgrade your 15 K to 18 K by just drilling out the orifice to the proper size. But to go to 22 K you need the burner with more holes and I'm not sure how easy that is to get in Canada.

o

You can upgrade your 15 K to about 18 K by just drilling out the orifice to the proper size. It will make a difference but the 15 K burner cannot handle any more gas than that.

But to 'officially' go to 18 K or 22 K you need the burner with more holes and I'm not sure how easy that is to get in Canada. Officially, the real 18 K burner head and 22 K burner head are the same, only the orifice is different.

o

I am pretty sure the orfice between 15k and 18k and 22k are all different so I don't think drilling is going to give me 18k? At least as far as I know

I am in Toronto area, in Canada, and I can't get this done here no one is willing to do it ...

Anyone in the states willing to help me out please ?

o

the orifice for the 15K is 48 gauge, the 22K is 47 gauge (not sure about the 18K). just switching the orificies is not enough, as the 15K only has one row of holes in each of the 8 arms of the burner head, whereas the 22 and 18 K burners (which are identical, btw) each have 2 rows of holes.

o

so I will need the new orfice and a new burner head. Can anyone help on the south side please?

o

Does anyone know how I can get this ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here