Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tjeff2000

thermador, electrolux icon (or even a bit of wolf) please help.

tjeff2000
11 years ago

Hi all,

I'm in desparat need of some help/advise.

We were supposed to order our kitchen appliances a week ago, but I'm still not set on one.

Here's are some of the appliances we are pretty much set on:

We were looking at getting an ICON french door fridge with ice/water on the door. ( yeah, I heard about the issues, but heard they changed something.)

The U-Line beverage frige and either the wolf or jenn air draw micro.

Here are our other options that I am concidering.

A set of ICON pro handles on the double 30 inch wall ovens, dishwater and induction cook top. I'm just nervous because after reading some of problems (althogh the customer service seems to be pretty good) and the stainless on the doors seem thin and tinny with sharp edges around the corners if you run your finger around the edges. I'm not saying it feels cheap, but... (thermador seems to 'feel' better.)

Another option (and my original) was to do the thermador 30" double wall oven with the upgraded dishwasher, both with the more expensive pro handles.

However, if we want to go with the one,two,free options, we need to go with the thermador induction cooktop. The problem I have is on big meals, we have used 3 large pans at once. I cut out 3 cardboard circles the same size and tried to fit them all on. They all fit pretty good on the ICON one, but only 2 fit comfortable on the thermador. Does it matter with induction if an 11" pan is on a 6" 'burner'?

Then I saw the wolf cooktop and... gets me thinking but would be more (wouldn't get any rebates, etc)

But could go with ICON fridge, Thermador ovens, and dish, wolf draw micro and induction cooktop with the U-line beverage fridge. Just need to find a few more $$.

Are there any major differences between induction tops?

Any thoughts/advise would be greatly appreciated. I figured around 13K tax included for appliances and I'm pushing that number now.

Comments (3)