Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
noellabelle

Dishwasher advice

noellabelle
11 years ago

We bought a Kenmore dishwasher about 2 years ago, which was a CR best buy...I think it's close to this one:

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-24inch-built-in-dishwasher/p-02213273000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

I think we paid around $500 for it. The delay wash cycle quit working about 13 months after we bought it; one month after the initial warranty ran out.

We didn't buy an extended warranty.

At times, nothing on the control panel works. It has been intermittent, and I called a repairman today to come look at it.

They mainly pushed the warranty at $100/year, and the new part to fix it will be $300. I declined until I could talk to my husband.

I am so frustrated with this thing! Two years does not seem a long life cycle for a high rated kitchen appliance. I am leaning towards buying a new non-kenmore one instead of getting it fixed. They only guarantee the part for 90 days.

The most annoying thing is that we're planning on moving next year, and I wasn't planning on replacing fairly new appliances.

Any advice? Suck it up and fix it or make a clean break for a better one like Bosch or go cheaper with something like a Frigidaire (our kitchen is Bosch fridge, electrolux range, and that is definitely more high end than the norm here)?

I thought consumer reports said that the warranties aren't worth it. But this guy insisted that we should have them on every appliance in our kitchen.

Comments (3)