Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
biondanonima_gw

Euro-Kitchen or Cavaliere Range Hoods? Recirculating?

biondanonima
17 years ago

I'm looking for a decent recirculating range hood and I really don't want to break the bank with the Prestige Proline Hood. I found a website that sells a bunch of brands I've never heard of, including Euro-Kitchen and Cavaliere. The hoods look great, but I have no idea about the quality, etc. Prices start around $400 plus an extra $100 for the recirc kit, and go up from there. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these brands?

Here is a link that might be useful: Range Hoods, Inc.

Comments (14)

• revans1
    17 years ago

We just installed a Cavaliere 30 inch, vented wall-mount hood in our kitchen. We're not done with our remodel, so we haven't actually used it yet while cooking. We have tested it, though. It's quiet, and it seems to ventilate very effectively. The lights illuminate the stove evenly and well. Unless it breaks, it will certainly meet all of our needs in terms of function. It's stainless steel and glass, and we think it looks nice. It would be fair to say that we are not "serious" about range hoods, though :-)

• biondanonima
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I would be serious about range hoods if I could vent outside, but since I can't, I know that any hood I get is going to have limited effect to say the least. I would love to get the top of the line, but quite honestly, my appliance budget just won't allow for a $2000 hood. I think I'll try to locate a showroom near me to look at the Euro or Cavaliere and see what I think...

• venkatbo
    16 years ago

Hi biondanonima,

One ohter manufacturer is Zephyr (Korean make, 700-800CFM). They have some effective (CFM-wise) low-noise models in a huge price range. Sometimes, I feel the fancier models like GE's $1700 Monogram MO-ZV750SY are way too overpriced for their effectiveness (~400CFM) and generate very high levels of noise.

Pl. let us know which you picked and why ?

Thanks,
    /venkat

• rgillman
    16 years ago

I, too, need a recirculating hood because we live in a condo and can't vent out. Are there really differences in effectiveness?

• jim1963
    16 years ago

Berbel extractor hood has the best recirculating technology but currently only available in Germany and UK.
    In conventional hoods grease is absorbed in filters. Grease particles clog the pores of the filter, and hood performance is reduced in increasing proportions.
    With the berbel principle grease is accelerated out of the air by centrifugal force, and is effectively separated at two points.
    The interior of the fan box remains virtually free of grease particles. There are no consequential costs, no unpleasant odors, no vermin, and there is no fire hazard.
    With berbel the unit can be cleaned with just one wipe, as easy as cleaning a Ceran hob.
    The stainless steel tray is made of the highest quality stainless steel and thus is dishwasher safe.

http://www.berbel.de/int/index.php?id=300351

http://www.berbel.de/int/index.php?id=10

• g_smithh_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

I live in Canada and we recently purchased Spagna Vetro(Euro kitchen) hood from the local dealer www.kitchenhoods.ca and we were very pleased with the product. It's quiet and nice looking. No problems so far.
    We couldn't afford $$1500-$2000 for a hood (THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A FAN!!)and we are happy to own this range hood!!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.KitchenHoods.ca

• gt78
    14 years ago

So I finally ordered the SV218D-30 from Euro-Kitchen and yep you get what you paid for. 2 Boxes.

At first I was quite impressed with the Euro-Kitchen special logo tape they used.
    But when I opened the boxes it was obviously used. The styrofoams were dirty with foot and hand prints.

The glass is new. The unit looks used. I can tell from the scratches in the back. The fan is metal but clean and it smells funny when I plug it in and turned it on (By the way it's a regular 3 prongs plug for typical outlet) The smell is hard to describe it's not disgusting but more like heating metal. The smell is similar to the new light fixture I installed but it went away within days so hopefully this will too.

Handprints were all over the stainless steel. They could have at least made it more presentable. But once again, $460 versus $2000?

Overall it looks nice! Just like the picture. Touch sensitive buttons, halogen lightbulbs, the corners are smooth and welded, I love the glass part. Quality looks good. Timer function is useful.

I'm still not sure what I will do yet. All night I've been contemplating if I should have bought the Cavaliere at Overstock.com for $60 extra instead without warranty.

At least with Euro-Kitchen I deal directly with the manufacturer instead of having Overstock being the middle man.

I just hope it will last a few years until I move. I¡¯m going to try Futuro the next time.

• gt78
    14 years ago

Just a follow-up. I contacted Euro-Kitchen and they were willing to give me a full refund. They think the smell could be a result of the shipping that knocked the motor off. I didn't have to pay for shipping either way. Fed-Ex picked up the package and going back. I'll let you know once I see the refund. So stressful!

• pami_ahluwalia_yahoo_com
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I'm contemplating buying a Cavalier-Euro range hood. I just can't afford anything more than $500 and this hood fits the bill both price and looks wise.
    My concern is the funtionality. Unfortunately, I've not read any good reviews, anyone out there and has had any good experience?
    Your help is much appreciated!
    Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here is what I'm thinking of buying

• dhs2005
    13 years ago

I cannot agree more with the comment 'you get what you pay for'. When quality is important here is a link that will interest.

The Imperial line is all made in the United States (for over 50 years). The warranty reflects the high quality - 5 year 100% parts & labor with in-home service. Any issue within the warranty period a service technician comes to your home.

Hope this is helpful!

Donald

www.vent4less.com

• split767
    13 years ago

Hi Merry,

Is all still positive? I'm looking at getting one of their 36" pro wall models for our home as the price difference between this and a branded model is outrageous. It is just a fan within a stainless steel enclosure, not a NASA developed instrument for use in space. I agree 100% that the value is worthwhile if the reliability is there. Looking forward to a followup. Have you used it in in tough conditions yet, and will the filters stand up from what you've seen thusfar?

Merry
    (g_smithh@yahoo.com) on
    Sun, Jun 8, 08 at 20:37

I live in Canada and we recently purchased Spagna Vetro(Euro kitchen) hood from the local dealer www.kitchenhoods.ca and we were very pleased with the product. It's quiet and nice looking. No problems so far.
    We couldn't afford $$1500-$2000 for a hood (THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR A FAN!!)and we are happy to own this range hood!!

• Filko
    12 years ago

Hello there i have a spagna vetro range hood the exact model is PSF-30 wall mount the engine is very quite. The customer service is amaizingly helpful the shipping is fast and insured. The website of the canadian dealer is www.kitchenhoods.ca
    If somebody have any questions about the model i will be happy to help

• doubletee1
    8 years ago

Steer clear of Cavaliere. I have been unable to get any response from them on a service issue. No replies to email, no response to phone calls left with their number. The lights and fan are almost impossible to control and frequently turn themselves on at night with no one around. They also turn themselves off when running.