Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

Miele Inspira DW Rinse Aid Leaking

cj47
10 years ago

I have an almost three year old Miele Inspira II. It's an awesome machine and I like it very much. One day I started having trouble with suds in the dishwasher, not tons, just enough to cause trouble. I bailed it out a few times, and eventually tracked the problem down to a problem with the rinse aid compartment. Apparently the rinse aid dispenser is leaking. I rinsed it out and did not refill it, and the sudsing problem stopped. However, nothing gets dry without the rinse aid, so I'm looking into getting it fixed. It's not under warranty anymore. I could call a technician, but thought I'd check for advice here first. Has anyone had experience with this? Is it possible to fix this myself? I've been looking online for advice and parts but have come up empty. It doesn't seem like this should be rocket science. The dispenser for the rinse aid and detergent is one unit with two spring loaded doors on it. If I have to I'll pay to have someone come out and look at it, but if there is something I can do, I'd rather try that first.

Thanks for any advice,
Cj

Comments (11)

• burn-side
    10 years ago

I don't know how to fix it, however, whenever I've been stumped I go to justanswer.com and ask my question there. You have to pay $10 or so for your question, but an expert will contact you to help out.

Just a thought.

• weissman
    10 years ago

try repairclinic.com and see if they have the part you need. They will also give you install advice.

• dodge59
    10 years ago

I just checked my Optima, it's about 7 years old, so I don't know if the rinse aid dispenser is the same, but first thing I would try is cleaning the dispenser very thoroughly. Mine has a large circular rubber seal that fits against the plastic ring on the dispenser door, so maybe some crystals or whatever have built up? The circular rubber ring is solid on mine, (Not an O-ring) and it lifts right out for cleaning.

You could fill the dispenser with some colored soap or whatever and that "Might tell you" where it is leaking.
    Without starting the DW, just fill that reservoir, shut the door, leave it for an hour so so, then come back and see if you see any of whatever you used to test it, sitting on the inside of the door.

Hope this works! Ours still continues to operate flawlessly, alto it has had an easy life, (Only used once or twice a Month).

Gary

• cj47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL, Gary, ours is used twice a day or so..sometimes even more.I
    t has not had an easy life, and it still cleans beautifully, I'm just missing the rinse aid. :-)

Weissman, thank you for the link. I'll see what I can find. Much appreciated!

Cj

• dodge59
    10 years ago

Well after looking around Fixit etc, I tried googling Miele Dishwasher Jet dry leak, I really did not turn up anything worth while, sorry. But I did turn up a post by a lady that put dishwashing detergent in her jet dry dispenser by mistake, and it was a bit of a pita to get it out, so be careful there, dont fill that succer up with soap!
    Maybe if you leave the door closed and just the jet dry in it, maybe you will be able to spot it , if it's leaking onto the inside of the door?

Was your Jet dry dispenser similar to mine, or did Miele completely change the design?

Gary

• a2gemini
    10 years ago

I had a similar problem - it was under warranty and Miele replaced it - but put me on to Miele tablets and the tech turned off the rinse aid - so I assume it still works but with the tablets (and some folks have found even better tablets) I don't need the rinse aid.

• cj47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL Gary, I saw that post by the person who filled that reservoir with soap. That would so not be pretty. I'm pretty sure that it's a similar style to yours. There is one long unit across the door, with two spring loaded doors. The seal on the rinse aid reservoir looks like the one you described. What I think is happening is that the rinse aid is leaking out of the bottom of the plastic unit. I'm hesitant to put anymore rinse aid in there, because it's such a total pain in the rear to get all the suds out of the DW when it gets overdosed with the rinse aid.

Thanks for looking it up for me, though, much appreciated. I like your idea of putting a colored liquid into it--I might through some food coloring into some water and put it through, just to see what happens. I wish mine was still under warranty, but it's out by a good bit, even though we did have a Miele tech install it, so we got two years. I'm going to see if I can find out how the thing is attached to the door. Maybe that will give me an idea of where the problem lies.

Cj

• dodge59
    10 years ago

Did you see the post, where one person went to the Jet dry that you hang?
    Maybe worth trying if the fix looks too expensive?

Others say the Miele tabs have the jet dry in them and
    therefore you don't need the one you are using now,
    but I bet those Miele tabs aren't cheep?

Gary

• cj47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I had never thought of the jet dry that you hang...I'm going to see if I can find one and give that a spin. Otherwise, I'll just suck it up and hire someone to fix it.

Cj

• dodge59
    10 years ago

Buffalotina (A GW Member) had the same problem, CJ and I think the same model as yours.

She replaced that seal we were talking about, (the round one), and guess what!!!! That solved her problem. Miele even sent her the seal for free, You just have to contact the "Right Lady" at Miele, the Gents there were a PITA!!!

Anyway, click the helpful link below to see buffalotina's post.

Gary

Here is a link that might be useful: Rinse aid leak fixed (for free)

• cj47
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gary, you are amazing! That post is from about three years ago! I'll call and see what I can find out. Thanks much!

Cj