Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best brand range hood

Posted by corgimum (My Page) on
Mon, May 21, 12 at 12:52

Does anyone have any knowledge about this range hood? My cabinetmaker is recommending it for our kitchen. We will have a 30" induction stove.

http://www.bestrangehoods.com/store/products/productdetail.aspx?id=143e2309-9107-4c37-9818-e49ef597dcc2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best brand range hood

Best usually offers the best bang for your buck.

It is sufficient.

That is why GC/Cabinet makers recommend them. You can spend more money on cabinets or custom change orders.

The best in class,in my opinion, is linked below if you want to spend the extra cash on a blower.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o

Deeageaux, why do you think your link is the best in class, can you email me if you don't want to post that. I am not trying to cause any issues just looking for your opinion on your link is all.

thanks,
Phil

o

I have this Prestige blower but mine is the 1200 CFM model with two motors. It is very powerful, and very noisy. It is very easy to take out the baffles for cleaning. It has been a solid and efficient performer since we installed it about a year ago.

I did a fair amount of research before I purchased this and am happy with everything except the noise. We were very careful about having a correctly sized straight duct --all the things we were supposed to do. I took out the baffles and ran it just to see if that made much of a difference in the noise as I had heard that much of the noise is generated by the air going through the baffles. It did make a difference but not that much.

I'm not sure if other models with comparable power are any quieter.

o

Blade tip turbulence noise at the fan can easily exceed in perceived sound level the hiss of air passing around the baffles. A bigger, slower, remote fan can reduce the blade tip noise.

kas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here