Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mielemaid

When does Miele come out with new dishwashers?

mielemaid
13 years ago

I want to buy a Miele Optima (or higher) dw but can't afford to for a while. We just moved into this house in April and it has a GE Nautilus dw which is horrible and loud. It leaves things on the dishes all the time, can't be packed to the gills, etc. Dislike.

I'm also wondering how big the tines are in the Miele dw? This salesman said they are smaller than American made tines and we have thick Denby plates. So does anyone have Denby and a Miele and can tell me if that works out?

Comments (40)

• antss
    13 years ago

You should focus your post a bit more.

Appliance manufacturers don't roll out new models at a certain time like car dealer. They appear when the manuf. get ready for them to. You will have little or no advanced notice.

Re: the Miele new DW products, They generally appear in the USA about a year to two after they are introduced into the NewZeland/Austrailian market. This is not always the case , and some units never get rolled out here.

Just take your plates to a Miele dealer and check, the spacing is the same on all baskets.

• hidroman
    13 years ago

The new G 5000 series have just come out in UK. Check them on Miele british website and here; here is a vid . All those XXL models actually are your standard models (eg your current G 2XXX)

• mielemaid
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That g5000 looks fantastic!

• deeageaux
    13 years ago

So the G5K gets here in 3+ years?

• fauguy
    13 years ago

I've heard not to expect the G5000 here in the US until late (very late) this year at the earliest, but most likely not until next year. There's also no word on how much more the newer models will cost.

When the G2002/2003 models came out a year ago, they were about $50-100 more than the older units.

From looking at the features of the G5000 models, it looks like only the Excella and La Pearla get most of the upgrades, such as the LED lighting and 3D cutlery tray.

One thing I'd like to find out about, it once they come out here, if I could replace my Diamante racks with the newer racks. All 3 have a different layout on the G5000 series.

• mielemaid
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Finally phoned Miele USA to find out about G5000. The agent on the phone said it would be next summer "most likely the earliest" (that's Summer 2011) and probably by next year fall, which is Fall 2011. :\

• antss
    13 years ago

"and probably by next year fall, which is Fall 2011. :\"

nope, that's CODE for summer 2012.

• fauguy
    13 years ago

This is not surprising to me at all. The Miele Hybrid vacuum came out in Europe last year, and it isn't due out in the US until this fall/winter at the earliest. It's too bad there's a 1-2 year delay for the EU products to be introduced to the US market.

• mojavean
    13 years ago

It's the Germans paying us back for making them wait for iPads and iPhones.

• westvillager
    13 years ago

The staggering of the dinner plates on the bottom rack is a thing of dish washing beauty.

• antss
    13 years ago

some of it has to do with UL approval.

• fauguy
    13 years ago

Yes, UL approval, Energy Star rating, 120v 15w electrical, etc. All of this is cause for delay.

• mielemaid
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Miele's UK facebook page latest entry shows the G5720 going up against a high end Whirlpool and a medium range Siemens and it did the best job.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Miele/56793388068

• antss
    13 years ago

The 120v is not really a problem or cause for delay, Miele has been producing for this voltage for decades and their engineers are quite capable.

They even get a dry run when the products hit the Australasian market.

However, they have no control over the UL agency, and things that use both electricity and water get more scrutiny.

• mielemaid
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's a message from Miele UK on the facebook site when we will expect to get the G5000 series.

Miele Thanks for your comments. We've checked with our colleagues at Miele USA and the G5000 dishwashers will launch in North America in 2011.

• mielemaid
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's a direct link to Miele vs. Siemens vs. High end Whirlpool video from UK's Gadget show, posted on the Miele website. The Miele outperforms the other two.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=419592728615&ref=mf

• antss
    13 years ago

"will launch in North America in 2011."

followed by : "Maybe" written in invisible ink !

• deeageaux
    13 years ago

Called Miele today.

No release date for new G5000 dishwashers.

Asked when they might have information on the release date.

They said at the end of the year :)

• chac_mool
    13 years ago

FWIW: A Miele rep from Seattle who was here in Oregon at a home show said today the new Miele dishwasher models will be released here in "mid-June" 2011.

He says external dimensions are unchanged, but its taller inside because of changes in insulation and in the size and shape of the pump motor (longer & lower than before).

• antss
    13 years ago

mool- even if Miele took all of the insulation off or out of their units they still wouldn't gain an inch of interior space ! Also the pump may well be shorter, but it's located below the tub bottom and that space is a min. of 4" to align with the generally accepted toekick height in the Americas. So, there is not much room to gain there either.

Miele , and other Euro DWs are smaller than domestic counterparts because they are 1. narrower, and 2. shallower than domestic models. They make up for this with tighter rack spacing.

At the end of the they are smaller , but it amounts to a CUBIC capacity of 1 -2 plates which is not going to be a hardship for 99.9% of the DW buying public.

• fauguy
    12 years ago

Heard that Miele's Boca Raton FL showroom now has the top-of-the-line G5000 series dishwasher on display. I was told it is called the Futura that replaced the La Perla. I haven't seen it yet, so can't say for sure.

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Well, this calls for a trip to the Miele Beverly Hills Gallery.

• fauguy
    12 years ago

Actually, the La Perla is replaced by the Futura Diamond. There will be other Futura models that replace the Excella, Optima, Diamante and Inspira, but I'm not sure yet what their names will be.

• kitchendetective
    12 years ago

Well, if a cycle for chilling beer mugs matters to you, I understand that's the model for you. ;)

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Well, if a cycle for chilling beer mugs matters to you, I understand that's the model for you. ;)

Only available on European Futura Diamond models.

Due to "cold" plumbing,not just room temperature plumbing.

Or so say the blogs after googling Miele Futura Diamond.

• fauguy
    12 years ago

Went to the Boca Raton showroom and it was gone. Turns out there's only one unit right now that is touring from one Miele showroom to another. But they do expect to get the permanent display models in later in June.

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

Called Miele Beverly Hills.

They will not have the Futura until mid July.

• bishop8
    12 years ago

Interesting, as talking with my appliance guy (here in Canada), he's under the impression they're getting it in June. I'm anxious, as I want to buy his demo unit at a discount and also get the 10yr free warranty that Miele's currently promoting. :)

• fauguy
    12 years ago

I've noticed before that on Miele's Canada and UK site they have a lot of different promotions and sometimes through-in the extended warranty. Why don't they do this in the US?

• nellym
    12 years ago

bishop8, the current 10 year promotion is finishing on June 12. The 10 year promotion started last year and according to Miele when I asked, the promotion does not happen at the same time each year, or if will happen at all. I believe last year it was in the Fall.

If you want to know if the new dishwashers are coming out in June, write or call Miele's consumer affairs or customer service and they will tell you what they know. The response time is fairly good. http://www.miele.ca/miele/canada/contact_miele.asp

I contacted them a few weeks ago about the combo steam oven and was told that the release date is more likely in 2012. I initially asked for the dimensions and the electrical info but they could not provide the latter.

• bishop8
    12 years ago

Thanks for the info nellym. Actually, my appliance guy just had the Miele rep in an hour or so before I walked in, so the info was quite fresh. Unfortunately, though, they didn't get confirmation on discounting demo models (yet). I'm just kind of hoping the two will line up so I can snag that Optima. If not, I'm buying a Diamante anyway, as I'd rather have a 10yr warranty than an interior LED light (though the taller tub would be nice).

Fauguy, I have to say that the 10yr warranty is a pretty decent offer, as it can usually add $500-1000+ in cost. I think I last saw it in Sep-10 here in Canada. I'm rather surprised to hear that they don't do it in the US. Of course, you all typically get the benefit of much lower MSRPs and, considering our currencies are virtually par, I'd take that in a heartbeat!

• fauguy
    12 years ago

In the US, the Miele Dishwashers come with a 1 year warranty. If it is install by a authorized Miele installer, they extended it to 2 years. Miele does sell a 4 year extended warranty for $250, that starts after the 1 year manufacture warranty ends (even if you have the 2nd year from the authorized installer). I'm not sure if they will re-new the 4 year warranty after it ends.

• deeageaux
    12 years ago

New Video by MieleUS posted on YouTube about Futura Series.

Says water consumption is down 35% vs previous generation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Coming Soon...The World's Most Intelligent Dishwasher

• bishop8
    12 years ago

What a fantastic trailer -- can't wait for the theatrical release! :)

One thought that just occurred to me -- how much do you think it would cost to separately buy one of those advanced configuration baskets? It seems that would be a nice upgrade if you bought one of the more basic models.

• antss
    12 years ago

The baskets generally range from $75 to $300 depending on which one.

• bishop8
    12 years ago

Well, there goes that idea........

• fauguy
    12 years ago

When I first saw the new baskets and 3D cutlery tray (on the UK site) last year, I also wondered how much they would cost, and it they could even fir in the other models.
    When I was at the Miele showroom last month, they said they expected the new units in around mid-June. I asked them about seeing if the baskets from the new models would fit the older models. I think the only way to know, is to try it out. I was going to call back up there next week and see if they have an update as to when they expect the new units in. But a few weeks ago I called the Miele parts department and they didn't have any info yet on the new models, or even the part numbers for the new baskets.

But if I'm able to find out that the new baskets can fit in the older units, then I'd be interested in seeing how much those new baskets cost, once the Parts department gets them in. If it would cost a lot, then maybe just do one at a time.

• applianceauthority
    12 years ago

Miele is coming out with a brand new dishwasher. Its called the Futura Series. I would check the AJ Madison website for Miele dishwashers & see when they add it.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.ajmadison.com/b.php/Miele%3BDishwashers/N~64+4294967234
    Its not there yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Dishwasher on AJ Madison

• fauguy
    12 years ago

The Miele Futura Press-Release is now posted (see link below).

It lists some of the features, most of which are going to be on the top-end model, such as the LED lights and auto-close/open door.

One new wash mode: "Intensive. Perfect for cleaning large and heavily soiled items. Offering added flexibility, the consumer can select powerful cleaning in the lower basket, while still maintaining gentle cleaning levels in the middle basket. "

It says the price range for the models are between $1249 and $2849, but it doesn't list each model.

I guess I'll be calling up to the Miele showroom this week to see if they got any on display yet. Makes me wish I would of waited a year on buying the Diamante last summer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Miele Futura Press Release

• tko24_ymail_com
    12 years ago

Futura is launching this month - just got confirmation from them. Went to their showroom in Princeton, NJ - which is fabulous by the way - and they had the full line on display there. Great basket design, much better than the older ones. Top of the line has light inside which sounds like fluff but really is a wow feature. And the measurements inside and out are same as before, so seatle person was off the mark. brochures and videos in the showroom say reduced water consumption too.