Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tobokat

to all liebherr refrigerator owners

tobokat
16 years ago

Do you really love your fridge/freezer? I am constantly being drawn back to the 30" model. When I am in the store, I comment on the height and limited food/freezer storage space. When I leave the store, I keep saying how much I love the looks and full shelves. Short of going insane and growing a couple of extra inches to comfortably reach the butter dish, I would love to hear your true complaints/compliments about this appliance. Thanks in advance for saving me a trip to the shrink or divorce court.

Comments (99)

• User
    15 years ago

after hearing these reviews, i'm regretting not considering it before getting my 30" SZ. i was worried about the after-service in a city like new orleans, where i live, where virtually having a liebherr is unheard of. but, one consideration to liebherr owners: what is its energy rating? i do love the fact that my SZ carries an enegy star rating. heck, that's why i slimmed down to a 30" afterall.

• KarenintheUK
    15 years ago

Nolamom- Liebherr's entire range meets and exceeds Energy Star ratings or A-rated as we say over here, which was one of the reasons I chose it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Liebherr active green

• siumai
    15 years ago

We have had ours for about 4 months now. Here's my real objective review: looks great, works great. Negatives: I would have preferred a pull out freezer over the swing door, but this is not enough of a negative to pay more than $2,000 more for the Sub Zero. Second, the alarm goes off when you leave the door open (which is a good thing), but it also goes off when the temperature is only a few degrees off the setting. This got us nervous a few times, but you can always turn the alarm off.

Last, when we first got it, my wife thought that it did not hold much, but once you align the dividers to meet your requirements, you can indeed hold a lot.

Overall, very happy with it! and I repeat it looks great!

• User
    15 years ago

karenintheuk:

stick a dagger into my heart, why don't you. i just paid $7800 for my 30" SZ. the liebherr's are that much cheaper?? i made the assumption that the liebherr's were as or more expensive. the saleswoman at the local SZ dealer said that SZ fridge prices were due to rise in november(?). if i wanted a january delivery i'd have to order that day...dumb, hasty me. and energy star rated? oh, the agony!

• pia2-cerre
    15 years ago

We have the 24" lebherr, and we love it. It's quiet, very efficient and I don't have to dig way back there for things. The freezer size is good for us because we rarely eat frozen food and don't stock pile frozen meat. We also looked at the Lg brand to compare while shopping for 24" fridge but Liebherr won.

• marthavila
    15 years ago

I wish some of the new owners of the 36" FD fully integrated line would check in here! For as long as I've been planning to purchase that fridge -- and have even placed a cab order with appropriate door panel specs for the HC 2062 -- I'm all of sudden getting cold feet on actually ordering the fridge! Besides price (which is probably the biggest deterrent in today's economic climate), I'm really unnerved by the self-close door problem.

Does anyone who purchased the 2062 line have any new update info share about their experiences?

• sjhaymes
    15 years ago

I have the 2062 fully integrated and have an issue with the self close doors. I have not heard from Liebherr yet. I would also love to hear any feedback from anyone who has the fully integrated model as well.

• KarenintheUK
    15 years ago

Nolamom - Sorry! I'd better not say that I paid £800 for mine ($1400ish)...

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    15 years ago

One thing that was an additional consideration for me, over the Sub-Zero: although both have the extra compressor that holds the door tightly shut, the Leibherr has a really well-designed handle, that allows the pressure to be released without you having to tug on it, to open. I got pains in my arms with every Sub-Zero I've ever opened, having to tug it so hard. If you are slightly built, or have arthritis, or just don't want a workout every time you open the fridge, then the Leibherr is better.

Apart from the fact that I just love the layout, the freezer drawers, the efficiency, the price, um, everything . . .

• davidro1
    15 years ago

We are getting the 24" Liebherr after several years of searching and figuring out what we can do without.

I looked at Sub-Zero, Perlick, Marvel, Fagor, LG, Blomberg, Summit, ConServ, Vestfrost, Bosch, Thermador, and more. In terms of total volume and useable space, I measured all the fridges insides, multiplied the three dimensions, and divided by 172 to get true volume inside --- and I found that some manufacturers overestimate this a lot. This can explain the remark made far above "How can the SZ632 be rated at almost 29 cubic feet capacity, while the seemingly equivalent LH SBS 2410 is listed at a total of 22.2 cf? That seems like a huge difference."

This month we brought large containers to a store (juice cans, coffee, milk) to fit them into the door shelves. Liebherr was best. Ditto for the shelving. The half-shelf option is worth a lot. I even found a way to use it as an 80% shelf, so a high necked bottle can fit on a shelf below while you still get an almost complete shelf above.

We would have liked a small French door in Liebherr quality. Today, only LG has a small French door (30") but it is too bulky for our kitchen size and style.

The other fridges that cost less are good to consider too. Saving $ means you get fewer features, less mechanical quality and esthetics.

David

• BARIUM_YAHOO_COM
    15 years ago

A Liebherr horror story. We have the 24" model for less than a year, First the Ice Maker didn't work when it was installed, They came from 2 hours away and said they "fixed" it. Next the Icemaker flooded the kitchen floor and set off the fire alarm in the basement. They then replaced the whole icemaker. Now the freezer is flooded again and all the food destroyed. A solid block of ice. Also the unit as installed does not let the door to the fridge or the freezer close by themselves. Does everyone have that problem? The Fridge has an alarm based on the light but the freezer does not alarm until overtemp. Its too late on both when you leave the house. I am looking for a complaint department at Liebherr. Anyone have any leads?

Barry

• sara_the_brit_z6_ct
    15 years ago

The Leibherr is not intended to have "self-closing" doors - i.e. that swing shut. This is typical of European fridges: you need to shut the door yourself. (My British family all thought my old GE wasn't level, because the door always swung shut).

I would think the complaint should go through whoever you bought the fridge from. Otherwise, a contact number will be in your instruction manual.

My 30"'s alarms are based on temperature. I think you can alter the temperature at which the alarm will sound. Again, should be in the instruction manual (which is available on their website if you have lost it)

• pia2-cerre
    15 years ago

Still love our liebherr 24" fridge, it's quiet,efficient,and a great solution if you have a small kitchen. Things don't get lost in there, and we have plenty of interior space.

• davidro1
    15 years ago

I have found that extreme negative posts are usually coming from people with bad intentions. ... e.g. perhaps because they are retailers who don't have a contract to sell that product or worse they have lost their contract because they abused the business relationship. So, a person claiming to have an unusual problem, uh hunh, yeahh... After reading about the steps taken to resolve issues I make my own conclusion.
    Anyone can sign in and claim to be anyone. A big negative post with no corroboration is not a credible source. If I see a recurring problem I begin to think it is serious. If the people describing the problem are all definitely different people.

David

• baver
    15 years ago

A little harsh on those of us who have posted "extreme negative posts", don't you think? Contrary to some people's beliefs, some of us have had horrendous experiences with products and come to this site to share those experiences. Most often those with extreme problems will be a little angry. You can do a search on my Electrolux posts. I had a terrible experience and I was one of the first to post these. Later, many more people have had similar issues. Someone has to be the first, so let them express themselves.

Now as far as the Liebherr, the new 24" integrated models do have a "SoftClose" system which does "close" the door when the door is open at 30 degrees or less. This is a new, Liebherr patented system. See link below.

As far as the IceMaker, I know there were early issues with these as on the 24" model a compressor was sacrificed to add an ice maker, but this was a couple of years ago, so it sounds like Barry is just having some of my bad luck. I have yet to hook up my ice maker after my purchase of 2-24" free-standing models a year and a half ago.(Well water, remodel,blah...blah...blah)

I still have some temp issues with mine, as well as smell issues (from what I assume are the large temp variations in the refer compartment). I need to have Liebherr come out and check. I still am ticked that the salesperson did not tell me my 24" free-standing did not have dual-compressors(one of the main reasons I went with Liebherr in the first place), but life goes on. By the way, I only found out that mine had one compressor, when I made a call to Liebherr to ask a question. Still waiting to hear back from anyone on here with the 24" free-standing models re: temp variation in the refer section. Mine consistently varies about 12 degrees. RARELY is it ever at the set 36 degrees.

It still looks great but has gotten a little noisier. If I had to do it all over, I would have bought 2 built-in 24" units.

Here is a link that might be useful: Liebherr Brochure

• sfberk
    15 years ago

O.k., I'm buying the Liebherr 30" tomorrow. But guess what -- I was quoted $500 more to get the custom panel model (built-in not "integrated".) Subzero and Jennaire cost LESS for unfinished doors but Liebherr want's $500 more and then there is the cost of the panels. So...I'm thinking of sliding it into side cabinet paneling and getting the standard stainless front (like the handles better too.) My heart was set on panel doors for this ol' 1837 New England kitchen though. Any one else get custom door panels?

• ocnr
    14 years ago

I've had my 24" for 3 years, but do have the same smell issues and major temp fluctuations inside as other posters have noted. It is all temp related and especially find it's a bigger problem in the summer when the temp in my condo is elevated (no A/C) The low-energy useage compressor doesn't seem to be able to keep up. I've found that I have to set the temp quite low when I have meats in the fridge else it smells nasty. I also have solved some of the smells issues by keeping things that might typically start to smell in tupperware-type containers. The vegies are a problem too since there is a 3/8" gap between the drawer and the shelf above (no "seal" like you'd have in a typical GE-type fridge) It's a pain, but it is what it is and it looks beautiful. The fridge was almost too new in my area when I bought it to have many complaints. buyer be ware... I also have to be really careful at the beginning of season (it's a summer house) not to overload the freezer as it can't keep up with large volume unless the items are already frozen (even on superfrost).

Lesson: don't judge a fridge by it's cover...

• baver
    14 years ago

Ocnr,

Is yours free-standing? Do you have the ventilation fan set to 'on'. Apparently, this helps when the weather is warmer and more humid outside. I have 2-24 inch free-standing units. I did need to have both computer boards replaced in mine. Temps were off by about 5 degrees. Without the fan, temp fluctuates about 12 degrees, with them on, about 7 degrees. I am not sure this is the case with the dual compressor models. Perhaps, someone with one of those models who have monitored the temp with another thermometer can chime in, I really wish I'd known about the single compressors in this particular model, and I probably would've chosen something else. The 30" model with dual compressors was too tall and I found the interiors more flimsy. I keep mine at the lowest setting in the fridge, 36, and temps in the center average about 38. Goes down to 33 and up to 41 in middle. The smell issue only seems to be in one of my refrigerators. I don't quite understand that. They sure are pretty though. Although the stainless is thin and a total pain to clean. I have had no problems with produce. Stuff seems to last forever. Much, much longer than the Electrolux ICON piece of crap I had before. I think the whole energy-star thing are current refrigerators downfall.

• sray4_comcast_net
    13 years ago

iamthinking of getting a cabinet ready french door with the freezer on the bottom are there any concerns with the closure of the french doors?

• roboneill_mail_com
    12 years ago

DON'T BUY Lieberr premium Biofresh Frostfree with ICE MAKER!DON'T BUY
    In three years we have had to replace the ice tray three times at a cost of 200Euro each time!
    Bad design don't buy, ZERO response from the factory or the company, Too bad!

• friedat
    12 years ago

I have owned 30" Liebherr built in refrigerator for 3years. I have had to replace the ice maker twice and the defroster once. The door on the bottom freezer bounces back unless manually shut and the alarm does not go on for several hours. (by that time, I could be out of town).

Last week I received a recall message that the door hinges needed to be replaced. A Liebherr approved service person came today and replaced the hinges, left the doors misaligned saying that he would have to call Liebherr to find out how to adjust them.

After waiting for three hours for the freezer temperature to regulate, I realized that the freezer which was filled with food was not functioning. I called the service company, was told that I would be called back, spent the whole day waiting, with the freezer getting warmer by the minute. After about four more calls, the the service man finally called back and told me that he could not come till evening and that I should get an ice chest with ice. He claimed that all he did was replace the door. however, the freezer was working perfectly before he came, and has not worked since he left. It is now past 10:45 PM. He has not come and a freezer full of food is getting ruined.

I do not recommend a Liebherr to anybody!!! I have had nothing but trouble.

• friedat
    12 years ago

The Liebherr representative also had said that if he could not make it that evening, he would come the next day. I started calling the next day at 9 AM. After leaving five messages on two different phones, I realized that I would never get an answer from him and that he had no intention of coming. He obviously did not know what he was doing. I JUST THREW OUT A FREEZER FULL OF THAWED FOOD!!!

• available
    12 years ago

other than not working and the repair folks not fixing whatever is wrong...

and other than the repair department being rather cavalier about us not having a functional refrigerator for weeks...

the freezer temperature bounces between -3 and +14
    the refrigerator temperature bounces between 36 and 61

but other than those things, it's fine. nice size. 10 cu ft is just perfect for our family of four. very functional shelves and drawers.

if only it kept things cold

• barry_gmail_com
    12 years ago

We have the 4200 side by side model. It is now just over 2 years old. Firstly we have had a great run with the freezer side and think it was worth the money, however the refrigerator has not performed. We have had problems that are fitting for cheap brand. The small drip hole is constantly blocking. We have had to replace the handle pivots twice. We have just had our third vegetable bin crack (they are poorly designed) One of the door bottle holders had a crack. Have had to clean out the water tray on top of the compressor as there was a putrid smell coming from it. The other faults were fixed under warranty by the importer. Maybe there have been upgrades to these problems?

• richardpinter_aol_com
    12 years ago

I have a Liebherr 24". It's less than a year old. So far the ice maker has broken. And the door handle has broken 2 times. The first time the handle broke it took over 6 weeks to get it fixed! The ice maker is still not fixed, and the handle just broke again today!!!!!

• friedat
    12 years ago

Follow up story on my Liebherr nightmare.
    Monday, June sixth the repairmen shows up, puzzles and puzzles and proceeds to tell me that the freon had leaked out and that he will call for the part and call me back within the hour. Well it is now more than eighty hours and I have not heard from him. I guess he can't tell time either.

Not having heard from the repair man by Monday evening, I called the Liebherr Company in Arizona and was told the service manager is aware of my problem, will try to resolve it, and call me back. By Wednesday, I heard nothing. I called Liebherr again, was told that the service manager was not in, and I could leave a message on his voice mail. I did so. Today, Thursday (I have no freezer, no ice and the temperature is approaching 100 degrees), I called again and again got his voice mail and no response. If this situation is not resolved soon, I guess my only recourse is the court.

• friedat
    12 years ago

Follow up on follow up
    I have been promised a new refrigerator. This is my third weekend without a freezer and I have also been depleting the refrigerator so as not to have food unrefrigerated during installation. There is no delivery in sight. I have written to, spoken to representatives of Liebherr, the distributor, the store where I purchased it. All to no avail. The installer is to be the same person who ruined the freezer. He is obviously the only one left in the entire area who is still willing to service Liebherr. I sure hope that if and when they do install the new appliance, I will not have to call upon him, or in the long run have to purchase another brand.

• friedat
    12 years ago

Followup on followup on followup

Called Liebherr this morning, spoke to Bill, was told repair man has the refrigerator, will call me to make an appointment.

PS He hasn't called. I am getting hungrier by the minute. Can't buy food, have no place to put it

• friedat
    12 years ago

Second refrigerator installed.

Ice maker does not work.

Freezer door does not shut properly

White patches of caulk protruding sloppily from seams

What a piece of expensive junk with service to march!!!

• dmcananey_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I rue the day I bought the 24 inch. Lots of temperature fluctuations, terrible freezer compartment , most upsetting after 2 years a "Heating unit " needs to be replaced. the alarm is on all the time, the vegetable tray is often full of water because a little hole on the back wall may get clogged. No food can touch the back wall or it gets frozen, etc.etc. Would not recommend it at all. Feel totally duped.

• janice_gib_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

It feels like our nightmare with Liebherr fridges is just getting going. The story is the usual with the main integrated fridge/freezer breaking down ie several ice maker faults over first 4 years, broken shelves, broken compressor after 5 years. However after spending an extra $1500 on these items, the main fridge seems to have settled down. BUT NOW our Liebherr under bench bar fridge also requires a new compressor after 6 years. WHy did we pay so much for such feeble fridges? The call out was $154 to tell me I need a new compressor and then I paid $1278 this morning to ALpha Appliances in SYdney for the new compressor (and new gas, labour and whatever else) . Wait for it, NOW after 6 hrs trying to coax it into action, the fridge is no better. It had been in the Alpha appliances repair shop for a week with no improvement. Very noisy and not cooling even slightly!! Fortunately Alpha seem to take an interest , (so far so good) and they are returning tomorrow. I will follow up with how they deal with this scenario ... DO not BUY a LIEBHERR fridge. We have had way too many problems for the money we spent, on what we thought was the best quality. Stay tuned for the story with Alpha Appliances and how they deal with us, after all we have spent.

• boogiemama71
    11 years ago

I'm considering a Liebherr for our kitchen model. 2 of the 24" units. The fridge/freezer unit and the bio-fresh refrigerator. Looks like reviews on this brand started out good and then by these posts in 2011 ...Not so good.

Anything recent in the last 2 years? Does anyone have the bio fresh refrigerator? Thanks!

• cookncarpenter
    11 years ago

We recently installed (two months now) the 30" bio fresh. We love, love, love it! Took a bit getting used to the height, but other than that, a gorgeous piece of equipment. When I first plugged it in, I thought it was broken, because I could not hear the motor running! lol

• boogiemama71
    11 years ago

Thank you ctycdm...I'm wondering if there was just a time of some roughness in the quality or something?

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    11 years ago

I did just post recent troubles with my Liebherr. I do still like it. Not sure why. The layout is great for us. No bending over. (freezer on bottom.) I've not looked at recent models as mine is 4-5 yrs old. I will be in a major appliance store in the next few days, (replacing my double wall oven), so i'll take a look and ask some questions for you.

• boogiemama71
    11 years ago

@sleevendog Please post what you're looking at for double wall ovens! I'm replacing all my appliances and i need to make a decision there too! This is so much work :/

• rxmikey47
    9 years ago

I have a built-in Liebherr. Does anyone know if there is routine maintainence that should be performed??

• cookncarpenter
    9 years ago

Clean the toe-kick air filter, and change the water filter every six months... other than that, enjoy your fresh produce, and those little clear ice cubes :)

• culturecamp10509
    8 years ago

I bought this refrigerator 3 years ago. I month post warrantee, the freezer handle broke. Now, after 3 short years, the refrigerator door handle broke off in my hands. And Liebherr asked if I was opening the door correctly! Having opened refrigerator doors all my life without incident, I was pretty insulted! Pretty on the outside, but obviously poor quality materials used. And the same goes for their customer service. Sad to say, but when people get pissed off, and are treated badly, even a half star was impossible to muster. One fat big zero for you, Liebherr!! As I said above, no wonder my local dealer no longer does business with them.

• lobsterbird
    8 years ago

Tinasoldhouse here - haven't been here in ages and not sure if my username will show up as Tinasoldhouse or something else.

We still have our our 2003 Liebherr bought through Euroline in Canada and trucked down into Pennsylvania. It is still going strong, have had no complaints. Our next door neighbors liked it, and when they needed a new refrigerator bought the same model for their small old house. Cannot tell you how badly I feel for them. But we truly have different refrigerators, ours made for Canada (no icemaker option), and theirs a U.S. import with icemaker.

They had issues with install, probably more about logistics with cramped quarters and low ceiling. However, not long after purchasing, their icemaker failed and they had issues with water pooling in fridge section. I explained that water drips down the back wall as part of cooling process, and one cannot place items against wall. It interferes with process and results in water running onto shelves and down into interior bins. I think they stopped doing that but know they have had additional problems. I've refrained from asking, as they are so frustrated!

I personally dislike icemakers - have had issues with every refrigerator that had one and usually disconnect them. I was happy our Liebherr didn't come with an icemaker and can't imagine losing valuable freezer space to accommodate it.

• kistlerfamily
    8 years ago

Tinasoldhouse / lobsterbird - when you say that items cannot be placed along the back wall, do you mean that you have to leave space between the back interior wall of the fridge and any items you place in it? Or do you mean that you have to leave a larger gap between the house wall and the exterior of the fridge? We are flummoxed by what kind of fridge to get, and are really hoping the Liebherr is the answer! But having to be careful about placing items against the back wall of the fridge (where things get pushed naturally) would be a non-starter. I don't want to pay the extra $$ for a Thermador, but... Who ever said appliance shopping was fun?

• lobsterbird
    8 years ago

Would check the Liebherr website for details on each model's cooling method - not sure if the Biofresh is different from the regular 24". Or if changes have been made to newer models.

The layout of the U.S. model differs slightly, but my 24" has a trough that runs horizontally across the rear interior wall about a quarter or third of the way up from bottom of refrigerator section. You cannot place food against the wall above the trough because it interferes with little droplets of water running down back wall into trough. The back wall below trough can have items placed against it. We leave half an inch of space, which hasn't been difficult even though our shelves are fairly packed most of the time.

Honestly, I've never crammed things against back or side walls of any refrigerator, as I like easy access to stuff. Seriously, coming from a typical 30" full depth refrigerator, we had to rethink how we shopped and the items we were willing to store. It is remarkably easy to find items and food rarely is forgotten.

On the flip side of this, we plan to get a small freezer for our basement since I have begun using two of the freezer bins to store produce. I could easily takeover the third as well. I need dedicated space for meat and foods I want to prepare ahead, such as soups and stews. But this is all due to changes in dietary habits, and yet the refrigerator still works well for the two of us.

• Urbicoastal
    8 years ago

@kistlerfamily and tinasoldhouse:

5 year owner of 24" all R liebherr with BioFresh drawers and LOVE its performance. This is in a second home and the stuff stays really impressively fresh. Also own a 20yr old subzero still-going-strong all R 36" model (no longer offered and anyway I would not spend that kind of money since longevity of SZ is questionable these days) About to complete remodel of a very modest family /parental cottage cross country and quess what? The liebherr 30" R over F doors model is going in. I also liked that it had the bucket reservoir for ice rather than a hard plumbing line to water feed for ice maker, Ice makers are nice but not my top priority.

If only I could find a freezer that didn't fail at the door seals and frost up!??! We use a freezer a lot. I shop less often and stock up, repacking into our serving sizes. Includes bakery bread, portions of soups and sauces etc. So I use a lot of freezer space

• debbiepri4444
    8 years ago

Hi. I wonder if anyone could help me. Whilst moving someone has trod on the mains lead of my fridge freezer and ripped it out of the actual fridge. Could anybody tell me what one is live plz. It is this model.

• debbiepri4444
    8 years ago

Sorry it won't upload a photo.

• Edwin Allen
    3 years ago

Total piece of s___! Less than four years old, freezer and ice maker not working. Expensive sensor repair. Should have bought a Miele or some other more reliable brand. Liebherr sucks! Should have listened to my brother-in-law, who warned me about the unreliability of his Liebherr.

• Kathleen Perry
    3 years ago

Just went to store and the salesman said that Liebherr and Miele are made in same factory.

• akrogirl32
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

We bought our 36” Liebherr fridge six years ago, and it is still going strong. No regrets here.

• Y B Bicoastal
    3 years ago

Kathleen Perry. well not that made in part or full at same site would it matter... not sure what his or her point was, as that doesn't drive my purchase decisions of 3 Leibherr chilling units.
    but your store's staff might want to amplify about their source. there is little question that nearly all microwave guts come from Sharp, but for refrig my research differs from your source

Liebherr has been producing refrigerators and freezers since 1954. They are now produced in five countries, i.e. Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, Malaysia and India. Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH in Ochsenhausen (Germany) coordinates all activities of the division as the divisional controlling company.
    Liebherr produces refrigerators and freezers at five sites in Europe and Asia.
    Kluang (Malaysia)
    Lienz (Austria)
    Ochsenhausen (Germany)
    Radinovo (Bulgaria)
    Aurangabad (India) (JPG, 109 KB)

Miele, is family-owned company manufacturing most of its own products. Apr 14, 2016.  
    Germany - Gütersloh factory
    m.miele.com › com › germany-guet...

Production sites - Mielealso the competence centre for domestic and semi-commercial laundry care within the Miele Group. Here, Miele produces its washing machines (frontloaders) and washer-dryers. These are joined by the production of pressings, cast-iron components and enamelled casing sections for other Miele production plants as well as product and process development for Miele plants in Uničov (Czech Republic) and Ksawerów (Poland).

China for vacuums 
    Established in 1996 as a joint venture with Melitta, the Dongguan plant has been fully owned by the Miele Group since 2009. Currently Miele produces the Swing H1, Compact C1, Compact C2 and Complete C2 vacuum cleaners here. This includes, for example, the production of plastic components through in-house injection moulding as well as assembly. As with vacuum cleaners from the Bielefeld factory, all motors come from Miele in Euskirchen. Approx. 320 employees manufacture about 500,000 vacuum cleaners per year at the Dongguan factory.

• Y B Bicoastal
    3 years ago

wouldn't matter to me if manufacture site same for part or all... i'm after the product and very happy with performance of 3 units over 10 years, 3 locations. not sure what point sales rep was making to previous poster
    but seems that her store staff might want to clarify their source

Liebherr has been producing refrigerators and freezers since 1954. They are now produced in five countries, i.e. Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, Malaysia and India. Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH in Ochsenhausen (Germany) coordinates all activities of the division as the divisional controlling company.

Liebherr produces refrigerators and freezers at five sites in Europe and Asia.
    Kluang (Malaysia)
    Lienz (Austria)
    Ochsenhausen (Germany)
    Radinovo (Bulgaria)
    Aurangabad (India) (JPG, 109 KB)

Miele, is another family-owned company manufacturing most of its own products. Apr 14, 2016.  

Germany - Gütersloh factory

Production sites - Miele also the competence centre for domestic and semi-commercial laundry care within the Miele Group. Here, Miele produces its washing machines (frontloaders) and washer-dryers. These are joined by the production of pressings, cast-iron components and enamelled casing sections for other Miele production plants as well as product and process development for Miele plants in Uničov (Czech Republic) and Ksawerów (Poland).

China for vacuums 
    Established in 1996 as a joint venture with Melitta, the Dongguan plant has been fully owned by the Miele Group since 2009. Currently Miele produces the Swing H1, Compact C1, Compact C2 and Complete C2 vacuum cleaners here. This includes, for example, the production of plastic components through in-house injection moulding as well as assembly. As with vacuum cleaners from the Bielefeld factory, all motors come from Miele in Euskirchen. Approx. 320 employees manufacture about 500,000 vacuum cleaners per year at the Dongguan factory.