Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
samsung versus whirlpool versus GE

Posted by languages1 (globeto@gmail.com) on
Sun, May 11, 14 at 12:28

I am looking to buy a new refrigerator and want french door. I have been looking at above models and wanted feedback.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: samsung versus whirlpool versus GE

I see that you just joined today. We all get hit with information overload and find appliance choices overwhelming, confusing and, yes, eventually annoying. There can be a lot of help here, but let me suggest some tips on getting better information here.

It helps if you post the specific model numbers in which you are interested. For example, you do know that Whirlpool markets its fridges under its own name, Whirlpool Gold, Kitchenaid, JennAir, Maytag and Amana? You know that all of them are made on the same production line in Amana, Iowa? Also, did you realize that GE, Samsung and Whirlpool have several dozen models of FD fridges between them, all in different sizes and configurations? Samsung, for example, has one model with a 32 cut. ft. capacity, if you need to something that big but which you won't care about if you don't want to spend $3k on a fridge.

Also, when there have been recent threads discussing your candidate models, it helps if you mention them and the questions or concerns that weren't answered for you. Have you seen this thread, for example, which has a lot of information and long term usage reports about 22 cu. ft. FD and other bottom freezer models from the Whirlpool corporate family with some commentary about Samsung (all of which are models currently being sold, btw)?

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0814261226855.html

If you've tried the gardenweb search engine and are having trouble finding what you need, try going out to Google/Bing/Ask etc. and include "gardenweb" in the search string -- viz. gardenweb + samsung + refrigerator + french door.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Sun, May 11, 14 at 14:25

o
RE: samsung versus whirlpool versus GE

Whirlpool or GE new generation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here