Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Should I wait for new Wolf microwave?

Posted by jelloice (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 11:35

I am remodeling my kitchen, and expect to have it completed this year. I am planning to install the Wolf convection steam oven (CSO24). Last week I found out about Wolf’s new product rollout (http://newgeneration.subzero-wolf.com/) and noticed that the new 24" microwave with the dropdown door (MSDD24) appears to be a design match for the CSO24. I would like to mount the new microwave immediately above the steam oven. The CSO doesn’t need a trim kit, and if the microwave doesn’t need one either, I could reduce the stack width from 30” to 24”. That’s a lot of additional cabinet space in the adjoining cabinets, so I’m willing to leave a spot vacant for the microwave until it becomes available. I am also motivated to wait for the new microwave because the current microwave offerings from Wolf require a 30” trim kit, and they’re so ugly that if I left them on the curb for the donation truck, they’d probably still be there when I came home.

I realize that a lot can go wrong; Wolf may change their mind about offering this microwave, or they may change the dimensions, or they may delay the release. But, given Wolf’s marketing push on the convection steam oven, and the striking similarity of the new microwave, I’m willing to bet that they won’t change their mind or the dimensions.

Which leads me to my main concern and the reason for this post. Does anyone in this forum have information on how well Wolf meets their projected release dates for new products?

Any other on-topic comments are welcome, and don’t be afraid to call me crazy for wanting to wait.

Thanks in advance . . .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Should I wait for new Wolf microwave?

I can't comment on the release dates or anything, but I do have the same stack you are talking about, though we are using the current wolf microwave/convection option.

While it doesn't match 100%, I really don't mind the look of it to be honest.

If you can wait and are OK with that you might want too. But keep in mind that prelim specs can and usually do change on production items, so even though it says you may not need the 30" kits now for the new micro-wave, things could change down the road, and then you might be stuck without any options.

Phil

o

Phil,
Am considering the same purchase.
Do you happen to have a photo posted of your stack?
Thx,
B

o

Not a great pic, sorry about that, but here it is:

a href="http://philwojo.com/fridge pics/micro.stack.jpg"?LINK TO PICK

Here is a link that might be useful: Micro/Steam oven Stack Pic

o

Thank you Phil!

This is so helpful.

B

o

I think they make a trim kit for the steam oven, but we didn't have the cabinet space to get that, it would have made things to large for the space we have.

Phil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here