Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blue Interior in Oven? Which beside Electrolux?

Posted by artielange (My Page) on
Tue, May 6, 08 at 11:00

I know that in the course of appliance research I have seen wall ovens with blue interiors that were not Electrolux. Can anyone please tell me which brand(s) have this feature? TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blue Interior in Oven? Which beside Electrolux?

The first wall oven I saw with a blue interior was a Wolf-very pretty.

o

Fisher & Paykel

o

Kitchen Aid

o

Isn't Gaggenau blue also?

o

Yes, the Gaggenau convection oven has a blue interior which is very attractive. Our Gagg combi-steam has a stainless interior.

o

I am getting my KA double wall convection oven with the blue interior installed today. I ordered it before I was aware of the self-cleaning problem which has been reported extensively on this forum. I am hoping the Architect Series II may have corrected that issue.

o

I believe Thermador, as well.

o

It appears Thermador has gone away from the blue, but a google search did show LG.

o

Thermador has never had a blue interior to my knowledge. Has always been some sort of gray color varying in darkness.

Gaggewnau was the original blue oven interior. Wolf was second, and went that route at the turn of the century when their residental line was bought by Sub Zero.

Now seems everyone is getting into the act.

o

I'm certainly not complaining about more blue! :) However, I am curious as to the rationale. How does blue relate to cooking or cleaning the oven interior? Or is the color purely an aesthetic decision?

o

DH was told by a Wolf rep that the blue interior in Wolf was chosen because it was the favorite color of the head honcho (founder, president, CEO or whoever). There are plenty of colors I'm glad she didn't like better! LOL

o

Why does anybody care what color the INSIDE of the oven is? Are you planning on leaving it open or am I missing something?

o

The cobalt blue of the electrolux icons is stunning. When we are cooking, we leave the light on to check on the food. So for aesthetic reasons, we care about the color of the inside of the oven.

I have guest who have actually taken photos of the ovens (inside and out) :)

o

I was told by a salesman that the blue interior was because the old flecked gray interior was much harder to see defects on the assembly line and the blue makes it easier for them to spot problems on the oven interior before they ever leave the factory. That may be creative thinking on the salesman's part but it seems plausible.

o

I want a blue interior because i just plain LIKE it. It makes me happy to see it, unlike the boring gray interior that most ovens have.

o

Check back in the older forum posts. I remember reading about some of the blue cracking badly- perhaps it was Wolf but I am not sure. They do look nice was looking at them last night.

o

I cannot speak for the others, but in Gaggenau the blue combines with the clear windows and the lighting to show the true color of the food as it cooks, so you do not have to open the door.

o

to answer the question above, blue is often used in food packaging/equipment because there's no blue food.

in production kitchens, plastic wrap, spatulas, and other things are often blue, that way if they fall into the food, they're easily spotted.

i'd venture a guess that blue is a commonly used color for oven interiors because the food that spills doesn't blend into the interior color and is therefore easier to spot and clean.

just a guess!

o

Like foodie3, I also heard that, at least with Gaggenau, it reflected better the true color of the food so you don't have to open the door to check if things are browning or done.

o

LG also has blue interiors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here