Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
30' Fridge: SZ vs. Liebherr - and which ice-maker?

Posted by overhear (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 10:34

OK, we have joined the ranks of those who have to buy a 30" counter-depth fridge. I've seen the debates between the Sub Zero owners and those who love their Liebherrs, but the more I read the less sure I am about which model to buy.

Questions:
I seem to be reading a lot of complaints from Liebherr owners with quality/service problems. Are the Liebherr quality problems mainly with the french-door model or with the 30" over-under model too?

Does anyone have thoughts on the Liebherr water tank ice-maker vs the fixed water connection ice maker?

Do people prefer the built-in freezer drawers over the free-standing freezer that has 3 plastic drawers behind a single door?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 30' Fridge: SZ vs. Liebherr - and which ice-maker?

I haven't had experience with Leibherr but I can tell you from experience that Sub-Zero service has been nothing but incredible. US based 24/7 customer service with one day responses on service appointments (in my area at least).

I would assume the fixed water connection is a considerably better option. That is what I have, and if I had to fill a tank I wouldn't have nearly enough ice. I think both SZ and Leibherr come with filters for the water if that is an issue for you.

Hopefully you can get some more responses, but my money is sticking with SZ for fridges in the future. I love mine.

o
RE: 30' Fridge: SZ vs. Liebherr - and which ice-maker?

I'm now looking into a Blomberg 28" fridge (BRFB1450). It has a surprisingly low price and large capacity. Has anyone heard of it????

I can't find much on the web, except that Consumer Reports reported to the DOE that their tests found that the fridge used more energy than claimed.

Width: 27 9/16"
Depth: 24 13/16"
Height: 75 1/4"

Capacity
14.83 cu. ft. total gross volume.
10.77 cu. ft. net fridge volume.
3.04 cu. ft. net fridge volume.

Here is a link that might be useful: CR article on Blomberg refrigerator

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here