Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jtr5

Electrolux range F15 error

jtr5
9 years ago

My Electrolux range model # EW30ES65GSH (manu. date is March 2012) is giving me an F15 error. We had a power outage and it's been misbehaving ever since the power was restored. The cooktop works fine, but the oven is the problem. Here's some details:

From a shut off the breaker, I power on the breaker, display reads "CLO 12:00" - this is completely normal after a power failure, no problem right?

I set the clock, no problem. Everything seems good.
I can use all the cooktop controls, no problems there either.

I press the timer button (I've read that setting a timer for 1 minute seems to be a common testing suggestion) and it immediately starts beeping & flashing "F15".
I hit cancel and all returns to "normal" - by normal meaning no beeping, no flashing, and cooktop working.

If I hit any button on the oven side of the control panel, I immediately get beeping & flashing "F15".
But, again, I hit cancel and everything is back to "normal".

I've got the unit pulled out and the back panel off. I was searching for the thermal reset but I can't find it. I've read a few suggestions that may be the problem. Not sure if this model has one. If so, where would it be?

Anything else I can try? I've got a multimeter somewhere but I can't find it right now. I can run get a new one if that might help me save a $$$ervice call. Thanks in advance!!

Comments (2)