Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drawer or counter microwave for under counter

Posted by kitchen_maman (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 10:21

I was going to buy a regular counter microwave and give it the built in look under the counter. I was discussing it with the appliance salesman and he suggested the microwave drawer. He said it would be more easily accessible. He also said that the two were comparable in price once I buy the surrounding kit.

What are your thoughts? Experiences?

Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drawer or counter microwave for under counter

We have a drawer MW, and we love it! The control panel is angled so that it's easily seen from above, and it takes very little bending to put something in or out of it, because the drawer comes out to you. A regular MW would need stooping and bending to put things in and out. It's also really nice to be able to stir things from above without removing the dish from the MW. Here's a link to when we installed ours.

o

Laxsupermom, thank you. I love what you did. We don't use the micro that often, so I wasn't sure if it was worth the money. It does look like it will be more beneficial to have the drawer though. :)

o

I am in the process of having a complete kitchen remodel and have installed a Sharp MW drawer. Love it, I especially like the fact that it is easier to lift things out without worry about spilling like I did with the one above the range.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here