Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need opinions/suggestions for french door counter depth fridge

Posted by chicgeek (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 10:09

Hi. We are currently in the design stage of remodeling our kitchen. Due to space constraints our designer is recommending a counter depth fridge. We have a refrigerator/freezer in our garage for overflow, so lack of depth is Ok with us. We don't want ice/water dispenser on the door.

We are looking for mid-range price. Only want to spend about $7000-$8000 total for fridge, range, micro drawer, DW and range hood.

We looked at the KitchenAid models (20 cu ft. and 22 cu ft.) Looking online it seems like this brand has mixed reviews. Is it worth spending extra $$ for the 22 cu ft?

Any other brands/models you all can suggest and your opinions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need opinions/suggestions for french door counter depth fridg

I've seen the 22 cu ft model, the layout is nice. Looking at the specs for the 20 cu ft model it appears to be shorter in height by 1/2 inch or less. It would be interesting to see what the real interior space difference is since the cu ft measurements don't always tell the whole story. There seems to be a pretty substantial difference in price between the two.

o

I purchased an LG counter depth French door refrigerator last year - the LG LFC21776ST and have been very happy with it. My appliance budget was a little less than yours and this refrigerator was around 2K when I bought it during at Sears during one of their "friends and family" sales.

o

Hi there - I could have written this request!! Thanks for posting it...I joined Consumer Reports for the month because of all the purchases we'll be making, and I also was looking at the KitchenAid fridge. After looking at the reviews, I'm shying away from that choice. Now, we're looking at Samsung...and I'm also thinking of Bosch, though it has ice/water in the door which I don't really want.
Another possibility is the GE Profile 23 cf, though it won't be available until August.

o

I have the Kitchen Aid with ice through the door for a year and a half. It's been a good refrigerator with one exception, the ice can shoot out too quickly and fall out onto the floor. Ive stuffed it full for large crowds for Thanksgiving and Easter, and it did the job, but I do wish is were larger. However, I can't complain because I wanted counter-depth because it looks so good - like a built in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here