Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone with a Capital Range in the DC area?

Posted by megleyb (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 9:43

I have been reading everyone's posts about the Capital ranges, and I am sooo tempted to get one. However, I'm a bit nervous to buy one without ever having seen one. I am a working mother with two small children, and really don't have the time to fly up to Boston to view one at Eurostoves (although, it is tempting!!). Does anyone know of any way I can see one in person in the DC area?? We start renovations this summer, so we'll need to make a decision soon. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone with a Capital Range in the DC area?

Appliance Builders Wholesale (ABW) and M&M Appliance sells them. The ABW showroom in Ashburn had a Precision on the floor last year.

o

Specific great contacts at the above retailers: Sandy @ M&M Appliance (which sells all products it seems)-wealth of knowledge, busy lady but great once you got her, believe has them on floor ready to review. I think Kim at ABW (but no return phone call). I spoke with Sandy about a different appliance and she was very helpful.

And bargain some over the quoted price.

Good luck.

o

I will have one in a few weeks. On order. M&M in DC had one on display when I was there. We ordered from ADU in Takoma Park. They were the cheapest by quite a bit.

o

The ABW outlet in the shopping center on Nickelson lane behind White Flint in Rockville has one on exhibit (also Blue Star, American) if you're interested in comparing

Good luck

o

Thanks everyone! I will definitely check out the outlet store and compare. Has anyone ever looked at them here in DC, but bought one from Trevor at Eurostoves in MA?

o

We got our CC rangetop from ABW but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from Trevor. We had a lot of things going on (long story) and it simplified things for us to get all our appliances from one supplier. I doubt there is anyone out there who could provide better support than Trevor.

We're in MD just a couple of blocks outside DC if you want to see a CC rangetop, but I understand you want to see a range (and you should look at a range if you're buying one).

Billy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here