Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dodge59

Oven Porcelain

dodge59
10 years ago

How has the porcelain in your oven help up,(any chipping)?
Have you checked the porcelain?
How old is your oven?
What make is it?
Do you bake pizzas in it?
Do you use temperatures over 450F?

If you did have chipping problems,what was the fix,& how would you rate the time and service to correct the problem?

Thanks, (Inquiring Minds want to know).

Gary

Comments (5)

• nerdyshopper
    10 years ago

There was a GE Profile wall oven in our house when we bought it 10 years ago. There is no problem with the oven porcelain. We use self-clean cycles to clean the interior and use the blue cans of Easy Off oven cleaner (non-caustic) for the edges and gasket. I roast chickens at 500 degrees for the first half hour in one recipe. Lower the temp to 400 to finish. I like crispy skin. If you do this keep a sheet of aluminum foil handy to wrap the top of the bird to keep it from getting too dark.. Add it when the temp changes.

• wekick
    10 years ago

Unfortunately both my Wolf (DF range)and Electrolux have pitting in the blue porcelain over the element. They are just under 5 years old. The Wolf is under parts warranty and I have an extended warranty on the Electrolux. I am thinking blue enamel isn't good. I haven't been able to call because I haven't been home but will try to this week. I haven't done much over 350, probably nothing in the Wolf over 350. I have run the self clean about once a year. I will keep you posted.

This post was edited by wekick on Fri, May 10, 13 at 10:00

• blubird
    10 years ago

I have a soon-to-be 12 year old GE Profile gas range.

I regularly bake pizzas in it with 525 degree temps for extended times.

I also cook whole turkeys at 425 regularly.

I have no chipping, dings or other damage in the oven. I have only used the self-clean one time, early on in its life. My oven is practically spotless.

Helene

• ginny20
    10 years ago

My 20 month old Elux ceramic is still appears intact, despite multiple self-cleanings, broiling, and some very high temp roasting.

• kalapointer
    10 years ago

As some of you know, I have had porcelain problems with my Wolf Series E double oven and had the oven replaced 2 months ago with another Wolf. Wolf customer service was not a good experience since my warranty was 6 months out of warranty and they would not help. The salesman who sold me the oven and the local distributor were the ones who help me get a replacement, although I had to pay $500 which I understood there were some new up grades since I bought my ovens, like the roll out racks which are wonderful. However after using the oven maybe 6 times now (I have been out of town 4 weeks of the 2 months since it was installed), I now see chipping and crazing in the corners again. I have never made pizza in it or even used it over 425 degrees. I did the burn off as the manual said to, but have not used the self cleaning yet. So, I will be letting Wolf know about this problem again, but before the warranty runs out this time. I will let everyone know how Wolf deals with this. I really like the oven and I am very sad that this problem has not been addressed by Wolf. My salesman did say that Wolf contracts out the porcelain work to another company.