Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning stainless range

Posted by booger3914 (My Page) on
Sun, May 20, 12 at 8:55

Any recommendations of how to remove stains from a Kitchenaid stainless range top? Stainless steel wipes clean it okay but do not touch the burned on stains. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning stainless range

You can try BKF (Barkeeper's Friend--powdered version seems to have more oomph than the liquid version). Use with a blue scrub sponge, not the green kind, which might scratch the SS.

Another cleaner that might help is Dawn Power Dissolver spray/gel. Spray it on, let sit 15-30 minutes, and then scrub/rinse.

You might try a SS polish type product if the stains you have are the bluish discoloration or scorch marks that SS will sometimes get--not sure how effective any or all of the above are on those types of marks.

o

I use DEP 505 degreaser first. If that does not work, I use BKF as stated by cat_mom. I also polish it with 3M SS cleaner.

o

Is this an electric range top with the glass radiant heat, or glass?

I've used BKF on stainless pots & pans that I got this past Christmas, and it works really well. The blue/rainbow discoloration on the bottom comes off with some white vinager.

o

It's a Kitchenaid gas range w/stainless steel cooktop.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here