Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bluestar Cooktop

Posted by rph123 (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 8:54

Who has one? I'm considering getting this cooktop. It is priced a little out of my budget but it seems like it maybe worth it to spend the extra money. Does anyone have any complaints about this cooktop? Can you remove the grates and then use a wok on it? I've seen this online with the rangetop but can't find much info on the cooktop. It seems like everyone has rangetop and not cooktop. The 36" model is what ill be getting. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bluestar Cooktop

I don't have it, but I don't think you can remove the grates to use the wok on it. They are different grates compared to the rangetop.

Is there a reason you would want the cooktop over the rangetop?

I personally have the 36" rangetop and love it, 6 burner model for me.

If it is just price, I would see if you can find it in the budge to move up to the rangetop.

Also keep in mind with any cooktop you are going to sacrifice cooking space/burners for the placement of the control knobs. With the rangetops you don't have the sacrifice.

Phil

o

The cooktop seems to be built down to a price. The fit and finish are nowhere near as good as the rangetop, and - as Phil says above - you lose space. I would try very hard to go with the rangetop.

This post was edited by Caliente63 on Thu, May 9, 13 at 11:52

o

If it's beyond your budget, skip it. You'd need to also upgrade your ventilation to deal with it's firepower, and that would add even more to an already busted budget.

o

I have a 30" rangetop, and I love it. With the cooktop, you lose cooking surface area, and the knobs are not well position. will get very hot. Also, the #3 and 4 burners are 8,500 btu instead of 15,000. If you can afford, you really should get the rangetop.

o

i have had the 36" cooktop model ever since they were introduced several years ago. I love it. As far as using a wok is concerned, the 22K BTU burners with the wok ring work very well for stir fries. The burner assortment allows for both high and low power settings to suit the type of food being prepared as well as the size of cookware being employed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here