Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Used Viking VEDO double ovens

Posted by EAM44 (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 14 at 7:54

So here's the thing. I know Viking has had problems, I'm not sure when those problems started and not convinced they have ended, but I have been looking for a used 27" SS double oven on CL and EBAY priced for my limited budget for the last eight months, and the ONE that I can find is a Viking VEDO 275. I'm going to look at it today. The owner says it works and was replaced in a kitchen reno.

I can't find reviews for this oven, I don't know when it was manufactured, I can't even find a manual online. Does anyone know anything about this model?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Used Viking VEDO double ovens

Well after a lot of googling, and going to Viking Websites, as best I can tell, is this model was made around 2004, alto that Specific model, VESO275, never shows up on any of the Viking Websites.

The best thing would be to call Viking, and "Hopefully" there are still some older folks there that remember the ovens, or can find documentation.

I would check parts availability , (Electric Elements for the Oven, bake and broil, thermostat, etc.

Good luck

Gary

o

Viking?
You're joking right?
He should ask you how much money you want to haul it away.

This post was edited by laat2 on Thu, May 8, 14 at 10:42

o

It was manufactured in September 08. Just one word: don't.

o

Oh gosh.

Dodge, thanks for your efforts. I too had a ton of difficulty finding any info on these.

Laat, I know Viking isn't very popular on this site, probably for good reason. I'm guessing he wont pay me a dime, but he's not asking for much either, $250. Still, the price doesn't help me if the oven's going to be a pain.

rococo, clever gurl. Ok. Message received.

I always wonder though, they can't all be bad can they? Someone buys them and the only people you ever hear from are the ones that hate them with a passion. Aah well.

Thank you all!

o

If you could get parts in a coherent manner I might say take a chance for that money. But the parts people send you a diagram you cannot read and there are no accurate repair schematics. Those ovens exhaust at the top and cook the electronics. The self-clean only cleans the back half of the oven. It will be an unending saga and, ultimately, no bargain.

Our DD has a Kenmore double oven which does a better than respectable job and cleans perfectly. Sears has sales and outlets.

o

If I could find a used kenmore ss 27" I'd buy it. But thanks for your input on this one, all of you. I may just keep my 40 yo GE until I can buy what I want.

You know, I drive a Saab, so I'm not exactly risk averse :)

o

Trade that SAAB in on a UGO, Ugo's are about as rare (and probably as reliable) as that VEDO275ss!!

Unsigned

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here