Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Double Wall Oven - Thermador or Kitchen Aid?

Posted by WSgirl13 (My Page) on
Sat, May 25, 13 at 7:13

I am trying to decide between the Thermador ME302JS and the Kitchen Aid KEBS209BSS. I have also seen a lot of posts on the Electrolux double wall ovens. Please help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Double Wall Oven - Thermador or Kitchen Aid?

I just purchased an electrolux because I loved the styling and it seems to have a strong following here. A rich feature set.

Only drawback is a somewhat smaller oven than some, but large enough for me

I hear too many concerns about Thermador quality, did not like the KA styling as well--and more $

good luck and let us know

John

o

These are the exact 2 ovens I have narrowed it down to!

I've heard that Thermador has fixed its old oven problems (missing insulation) -- but I am still a bit wary and it is more expensive.

On the other hand, I love the look of the Kitchenaid KBES209BSS, but I have seen people posting reports that there is a long pre-heat time and loud fan. My current GE Profile oven (which just died) takes a while to heat, and the fan is fairly loud, so I am wondering if the Kitchenaid is about the same -- which would be acceptable.

I really like the look of the Electrolux, but was warned off them because of poor customer service.

Did you get any of these? And what do you think so far?

o

FYI I have a brand new (very end of May) KA double electric and convection oven and wish I didn't. See my recent post. I am now wishing I had gone with Electrolux, or better yet, a good old range :(

o

Neither.

Both are a big crap shoot at high cost.

Thermador has quality control issues and KA as a company stinks. Just read about how they handled their self cleaning breaking the ovens debacle a few years ago.

Best bets are in no particular order:

Wolf
Electrolux
GE Monogram
Miele
Gaggenau - if you can stand the cost and the user interface.

o

We got the Thermador double professional series (knobs sted digital controls but otherwise basically the same as the one you are considering) and love it so far. Installed about a month ago and it has been performing very well ... Reliable temps, quick preheat, even and strong high heat for roasting steaks and chops and the rotisserie. No regrets here at all.

o

Sorry for the double post ... iPad issues. :)

This post was edited by EstimatedEyes on Sat, Aug 10, 13 at 9:12

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here