Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dishwasher Recommendations??

Posted by franksharonri (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 7:07

We are looking for a new dishwasher for our new kitchen. It is confusing! I am looking for one that is quiet and cleans the dishes. Nothing fancy just normal and pot wash cycles. My budget is around $500.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dishwasher Recommendations??

I can't speak from experience but have the special Consumer Report Kitchen edition from July 2012. The Whirlpool Gold GU2300XTV[Q] is listed as recommended and a best buy. They have it ranked #9 out of 71 that they tested. The price is listed as $500. Also they list Whirlpool as the most reliable - tied at 8% with Bosch.

Hope this helps.

o

FWIW.....I've had successive Whirlpool Golds at two locations for more than twenty years. They've all been good, including present 1-year-old and 13-year-old units presently in service.

However, for $500.00, "quiet" may be problem. Might want to pay special attention to that. The one-year machine is a 51db unit that I regard as quite acceptable noise-wise. It replaced previous new machine that was 59db and unacceptable that my dealer traded out for free except cost-difference of the models. I quite willingly ponied up the extra 150 or so for the upscale unit. Quieter always costs more with any brand.

o

Miele Dishwashers are Quit. Kitchen aid are very nice , even LG dishwasher stainless steel inside and out runs around 650 to 700. my Best Advice would be to make sure it has a stainless steel inside.More sanitary and dry much faster. good luck

o

Bosch, all the way!

o

You might be able to buy a quieter model for the same price if you can find a floor model or if you live near a Sears outlet and don't mind a scratch or dent.

o

We have a FRIGIDAIRE- Model FPHD2491KF installed about 2 months now and are happy with it. With rebates, it is within your budget and It is advertised as "quietest in its class"

Good luck

o

I bought a Kitchenaid model KUDE20ixss2 on sale at Lowes last year for a little over $600. It is very quiet.

The link below gives decibel ratings of dishwashers.

Here is a link that might be useful: QuietestDishwashers.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here