Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Long slot toaster?

Posted by ajc9 (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 6:28

Hello all!

Do you have a recommendation? I'm looking at haier, waring and breville at the moment....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Long slot toaster?

I would go with the Breville. Haier is the bottom of the line and Waring's quality is not what it used to be.

o

Thank you! The more I searched online...I realized that haier isn't good...I kept going back to the breville. Anyway...I think I'll order it today...my toaster just died...it lasted 10 years;)

o

A friend is often having toast as a component of his meals. He's British. Toast and toasters are a cornerstone of his daily routine. Dualit is made in Britain with a lever to look at the slices whenever you wish as they toast. I have a two slice model. It is so simple I now would not choose another.

o

Dan1888...thanks for your input! I did see the dualit...pricey but sounds fab. We splurged on a wonderful espresso machine at Christmas last year...the toaster would be a nice compliment. I ought to start a piggy bank for such a fancy toaster;)

o
RE: toaster

Not as much as I thought...I found this dualit...looks good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dualit

o

I just bought the Breville 'Lift and Look' with the long slots. Haven't even had it a week. Tested out a few pieces of bread yesterday. My NY Rye bread which is very dense, was more toasted on the outside edges then the middle and that was on the 4 setting. Put in my DH's oatmeal bread which is lighter, and turned it up to 5 thinking it needed a higher setting and it burned it.

We always freeze our bread. Used the defrost feature and then defrosted a piece of bread before adding it to the toaster and same result either way.

So, it'll take awhile to see if it works, because we don't really make toast all that often. But it would seem that the denser breads toast differently. So far, we like it. Love the look of it. It is all electronics, and I really wished for a toaster that was mechanical rather than electronic, but...there just not in plentiful supply. I think it may just be a case of finding the right settings for different types of bread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here