Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baked Enamel OR stainless for hood liner?

Posted by wawCooks (My Page) on
Sat, May 25, 13 at 2:50

Down to the final decisions for the appliance order and want to make sure we end up with a good decision from a "what will look good in 2 years" standpoint and avoid any cleanup hardships we can.

We are ordering a vent-a-hood liner that will go inside an offwhite cabinet. They offer stainless finish, or black or white baked enamel finishes. Which is going to stand up to cleaning the best and not look awful dirty (though OF COURSE we never plan to let it stay/get dirty...life happens)? We don't fry alot BUT know hoods will powerfully extract the oil with the heat...wherever they find it so wanted to make the smartest decision.

Thoughts? Do any of you have white liners? black ones inside white housings? stainless (I am not a fan of cleaning stainless...seems to show EVERYTHING and of course they charge $200 more for the liner in stainless vs painted).

Thanks in advance for any feedback/suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baked Enamel OR stainless for hood liner?

I have a dark gray enamel Vent-A-Hood insert - installed December 2012 during a complete kitchen remodel. My appliance dealer recommended it over the up charge for stainless. I am very pleased with it and hardly notice it at all - mine is also inside cabinetry (painted off white).

o
RE: Baked Enamel OR stainless for hood liner?

Awesome. Thanks amymc72. Didn't even realize that was an option. Will check to see if it is for our 34" liner. However, if it is not it still seems like the baked enamel VAH uses is sturdy enough to withstand time so perhaps we go with black if they don't have grey? It will look like a hole I would imagine and not be showing any stains as much as white? I really hope they still do have the dark grey for our model though!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here