Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
baby Bluestar...

Posted by tinyhomebuilder (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 2:28

After reading so many entertaining and informative posts from the good folk here, my wife and I decided to buy a BlueStar range.

The process of acquiring one is kind of strange. There is no price shopping. There is no competition. There are no discounts. There is no negotiation. They cannot be purchased directly from the manufacturer. You pay up front months before you ever see what you have bought. There is no correspondence from the manufacturer. There is no delivery date. 10 weeks of waiting conjured up mental images of primitive miners far off in a foreign land eeking out tiny chunks of nickel with hand picks to smelt the stainless steel that will eventually become the stove...

...and yet it was still well worth it. : )

Our kitchen is small so we ordered the little 24 inch stove so as not to overpower the area. The heat range of the burners is awesome and the control is as precise as a micrometer. And all of that heavy seasoned black cast iron on top makes clean up a snap. We're very pleased with both the looks and the performance.

This post was edited by tinyhomebuilder on Fri, May 2, 14 at 2:32

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: baby Bluestar...

Nice photo, I didn't even know they made a 24 inch. As for price shopping, a number of major manufacturers have set pricing for their dealers, and refuse to let them sell to customers outside their area, so price shopping is difficult if not impossible. IIRC, that is true of Wolf as well.

o

Nice photo. And absolutely love your hood setup and stainless 'splash. Totally industrial-cool.

o

Thanks for hanging your cooking utensils on the side of the range instead of from the backsplash bar. Drives me nuts when I see that - nothing on a shelf or bar can ever remain clean...assuming there is ever any cooking done on the range.

I too love the approach you took with your hood. Happy cooking!

o

Not many manufacturers make 24 inchers so that really narrowed down our options. And I'm really glad that BlueStar was one of them.

We located the utensils to the side, because it can be dangerous reaching over hot pots and pans to grab a spoon.

And that hood literally cost only $145... on a $4,000 stove! (lol!).

I installed a one exhaust fan in the wall ($40)and the hood which cost $100 came with a second fan already in it. That big galvanized elbow was $5 from a commercial heating and air conditioning warehouse. With two inline motors, the hood sucks like crazy.

We just went with simple brushed stainless sheet for the backing as it matches the stove and hood.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here