Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think my search is done. Here's my list. How'd I do?

Posted by BentleyM (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 1:34

I can't believe it took me and my wife a month and literally 7 different combinations of appliances to finally land on this grouping. For me fridge/freezer was the easiest decision while the DW was the hardest. I'm hesitant to ask, but anyone see any red flags here? I really don't want to work on another appliance combination, but will swap something out if there are any reliability issues. BTW, there's a reason why I can't get the free Therm DW (not that I'd want it anyway).

Thermador 48" Rangetop
PCG486GD

Thermador 48" Wall mount hood w/ internal 1,200 cfm blower
HPWB48FS

Thermador 30" Double oven Convection Upper & Thermal Lower
ME302ES

Thermador built-in microwave
MBES
KitchenAid Superba dishwasher
KUDS35FXSS

32" Fridgidaire all refridgerator
FPRH19D7LF

32" Fridgidaire all freezer
FPUH19D7LF

Fridgidaire unification kit for fridge/freezer
TRIMKITEZ2

Electrolux Front-Load Washer
EIFLS60JIW

Electrolux Dryer
EIMED60JIW

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think my search is done. Here's my list. How'd I do?

Looks good to me! Why didn't you get the free DW?

Why did you choose Elux for the W/D? I am curious since I'm kind of looking and between Whirlpoo/Elux/Samsung.

o

I'm getting my Therm stuff through "unconventional" channels. I don't like the Therm DW though, so I'm fine with that. On the W/D, honestly it came down to price. I just wanted the least expensive stackable 4.2 cu ft capacity washer. I've always like the look of the Elux too, so that was a bonus.

o

I hope you're not buying stolen goods ;-)

I would have gotten those Frigidaire twins if I had the room.

o

You've put a lot of thought and research into this so I would go for it. You will feel so much better. I know I am guilty of overthinking and hesitating because of a bad review or two. The appliances had the features I wanted so I will just deal (and maybe rant and rave) if there are problems in the future. Or maybe get an extended warranty on the DW if that will make you more comfortable.

o

Please tell me what you don't like about the thermador DW. I'm trying to decide if I am willing to accept that DW and go for the better thermador double ovens.

o

Hey docmamma, my MIL has the Bosch version of that dw. I don't like the bottom rack. We use a lot of bowls in our house and the bottom rack just doesn't work for us. Top rack could also be laid out a bit better. It's just a personal preference thing. I'd suggest taking some of your dishes to the showroom and see how it works for you. Other than the racks it seems like a good dw.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here