Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frigidaire all freezer won't make ice.

Posted by Peke (My Page) on
Mon, May 27, 13 at 1:17

My new all freezer will not make ice. It flipped ice out only twice today. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frigidaire all freezer won't make ice.

A make and model would be helpful.

Gary

o

Check your water flow and check the water valve screens or filter.
The icemaker normally should be making one batch of ice approximately every 90 minutes.
The icemaker harvests ice when the IMK thermistor senses the ice has reached 15 F. Your freezer temp should be around 0 F.

Are you on a reverse osmosis system? These can make icemaker issues due to low water flow or the tank not having enough volume.

If your freezer temperature is Ok and you say your icemaker did make 2 batches of ice. This first points to a water flow issue and if not that a thermistor issue.

Gary is right - A model number would help complete the puzzle.

o

Sorry, the make was in title. I should have put them inside the body too. Frigidaire FPUH19D7LF. Started working again. It works in spurts. Frigidaire said to keep it at 0 degrees. That is all they helped me with.

o

It is working again.

o

Frigidaire said it should make a new batch of ice every 90 minutes. It makes about 4 per day on most days. We supplement with bags of ice from the convenience store. Looks like it is time for a service call on a brand new appliance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here