Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electrolux EW30IS65JS Broiler

Posted by TMAD (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 14 at 0:58

Hello All -

I've been reading and re-reading everyone's posts about the GE Profile PHS920SFSS, Electrolux EW30IS65JS, et al induction ranges. The information has been incredibly helpful. My question has to do with the broiler. Specifically, the reviews I have read say the Electrolux is great, but the broiler is terrible. Can anyone comment on their experiences with the broiler? Of course, any other input to help me decide between these two would be welcome!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electrolux EW30IS65JS Broiler

Both The Elux and GE have 8 pass broilers.

The GE is rated at 3800 Watts, and the Elux at 4000 Watts.

I looked at some other ovens too, the new Bosch broiler is rated at 3800 watts, and Wolf doesn't specify (they count on buyers wearing blindfolds).

Elux does seem to have one of the highest powered broilers of any oven that I found, and Consumer reports gave it's broiling abilities an "Excellent Rating".

That's the good news on the Elux,~~~~~but~~~~~ there are a lotta negative reviews about the reliability of the Elux Induction range, and the lack of knowledge of service personnel in being able to solve problems.

You can see these rewiews on several sites, AJMadison, Amazon, etc, so take the time to read those!

Looking at the reviews on the GE, they are considerable higher than the Elux, and at least on Amazon only 1 bad review, "Smell from burning off", sooo unless Elux has fixed the problems with this range I would buy the GE, even thou I love my Elux appliances and all have been trouble free for about 8 years now, except the induction cooktop~~~~it has been trouble free, but I've only had it for about 5 years.

Gary

This post was edited by dodge59 on Wed, May 21, 14 at 13:42

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here