Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with range selection - Bosch vs. Kitchenaid

Posted by brandia35 (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 0:44

I'm selecting appliances for my kitchen reno and would like some advice on my range selection. My requirements are:

Dual fuel
Slide in
Prefer warming drawer
Budget - prefer $2,000 but willing to spend a few hundred more

I really like the Bosch Integra 700 Series and it has received good reviews. Although not a true slide in I'm also considering the Kitchenaid kdrs807sss. I prefer the Bosch but I'm not sure I'm getting $400 worth (price difference between the two) of more features or a better product with the Bosch. Does anyone have the Kitchenaid? Below are two links. Thanks.

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/HDI7282U.html
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/KDRS807SSS.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with range selection - Bosch vs. Kitchenaid

Gve you checked out the new Verona 30" Self-Cleaning Dual Fuel? High power burners (700-17K) and a multi-function, programmable convection oven. The option with the drop down storage is $2999 and they have a warming drawer version which will run you $3599.

Here is a link that might be useful: Verona Appliances

o

There are quite a number of differences between Bosch Integra 700 Series vs the KitchenAid Architect II Series model. One that stands out immediately is the Pro like style of the Bosch Integra, with it's sleek stainless front, wide window and the sturdy appearing continuous raised grates. It definitely catches one's attention. Apparently Pro Chefs like Bosch too as it's mentioned for it's features on Chef Talk (see fine print in link below). The KA Architect II is more traditional in appearance with a raised back. KitchenAid isn't well know for it's ranges as much as it is for it's DW and Refrigerators (both of which I have found adequate.)

I've spent some time on the Bosch specs for my own choice and what stands out from the KA is more the oven than the BTU gas cooktop. A temperature probe, true European convection with third heating element, and a telescopic rack are pretty nice features to have. It's a bit larger oven two.

Check customer service for both by searching complaints. Do you have a local repair person? No product is perfect.

I have never cooked or baked on either so can't help you there. Of the two, I favor the looks and features of the Bosch. Jmo though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Helpful link:

o

Thanks SparklingWater. You pointed out several features of the Bosch that give it an edge over the Kitchenaid.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here