Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Build my appliances for me on a $9K budget?

Posted by eaknoles (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 14 at 0:41

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here could provide me some inspiration or guidance. We are renovating our kitchen and when we had our original design, we'd settled on the following:

30in Thermador gas range/oven combo
bosch dishwasher (free with the Thermador at pacific sales)
36 viking fridge - freezer on the bottom, no water/ice on outside of door)
This plus a 27in microwave came out to $8500

Well, we had to scrap the plans b/c of roof support issues and we have new permit approved plans that I need appliances for. The problem is I now need:

36 rangetop gas;
27 or 30 wall oven with a microwave/convection oven on top (we have no interest or need in a double oven)
36 fridge - freezer on the bottom, no water/ice on outside of door
dishwasher - preferably a 3 drawer

We'd like to stay close to $9K b/c we had budgeted around the original amount but I feel like with the costs of the separate rangetop/wall oven, there is just no way. We went back to pac sales and to keep the quality we were going for it's looking like $12-14K. I really don't want to give up my heath tile, so I'd love to know thoughts on where people think there is some "give".

We cook a lot and my husband is set on a range top vs a cooktop.

Anyone feel like building my kitchen for me? I could really use some input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Build my appliances for me on a $9K budget?

I highly suggest going with a Miele dishwasher. I had one then it broke after 12 years ( most likely because it wasnt installed correctly) I went with the top bosch when we got a new kitchen package. It was nice and didn't give me anything to complain about other than it is NOT as quiet as it claimed. Well due to other issues I went back to a Miele again and wow! Really is night and day. I think it's worth the extra money.

o

If you are going with the Viking french door go with the Bosch french door instead to save $$. Both of these fridges along with a Kitchenaid and Jenn Air model are all the same.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosch French Door

o

I completely disagree with the previous poster about the Bosch dishwasher. I don't even have the top end - mine is the 800 series, not the 800 Plus- and it is nearly silent. If it weren't for the red dot, most of the time I wouldn't even know it's running, and my dishes are spotless. I wash EVERYTHING in the dishwasher, pots and pans included.

o

Eaknoles
How about an elux FD fridge. Ours is 4 years old and has been great.
I will defer to others on your cooktop as we went induction.
Your plan for a single wall oven and convection MW is similar to what we did.
I put in a Wolf oven(keeping fingers crossed on the porcelain) and an Advantium 240 speed oven. You could save a bundle with a plain Sharp convection MW vs a true speed.
Our DW- as was our fridge are reuse items at 4 years old vs kitchen at 2+ years. We have the Miele. I can't speak for the Bosch.

o

Sjhockeyfan, how long have you had your Bosch dw? Just curious. I'm glad it's running quiet for you. Mine started out that way and in all honesty it's not like it was crazy loud and I would probably have it if not for our unique situation. That being said I don't miss it with the Miele.

o

I've had mine since December. I know many people who like Miele better than Bosch, but I wasn't willing to spend the extra dollars for the same design (hidden controls, panel-ready).

o

These are very helpful tips. I'm going to go check them out right now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here