Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help - Viking CD vs. Kitchenaid Fridge

Posted by brandia35 (My Page) on
Tue, May 22, 12 at 0:26

I need to order cabinets in the next couple of weeks for my kitchen reno. I need to finalize my appliance selections before ordering cabinets. I'm going to post separately for each type of appliance I'm considering. For a refrigerator my preference is:

counter depth (non-negotiable)
internal water dispenser
internal ice maker but unobtrusive
budget - up to $3,000 but would rather spend much less

I found a good deal on a floor model Viking CD fridge (DFF136SS) of $2,600. I really like it and the salesman told me that Jenn Air makes this fridge. I found only one review of this fridge and it was negative. I'm also considering the KitchenAid Architect II(KFCS22EV) which has received mostly positive reviews.

I'd appreciate feedback on these two fridges as well as any other suggestions that meet my criteria. I've been reading reviews on GW and other sites and have ruled out Electrolux because of the bad reviews. I also have a bad association with Frigidaire and would probably stay away from this brand too. Thanks.

Below are two links.

http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/DDFF136SS.html
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/KFCS22EV.html

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help - Viking CD vs. Kitchenaid Fridge

Whirlpool owns both KitchenAid and Jenn-Air.

The Viking is made by Viking in an old Whirlpool factory using Whirlpool tooling and Whirlpool designs.

The fridges are almost identical if not identical mechanically.

I like the Jenn-Air version best with their pro handles. They have lots of finishes including oil rubbed bronze which looks nothing like ORB hardware or faucets but I would take a look at JA dealer.

Overall I think they are good fridges that are basically the same. Buy the one you feel the most comfortable buying based on looks,condition and price.

o

We have the Jennaire sxs 72" counter depth fridge--with the pro handle. I like it a lot so far!

I was looking at the viking also, salesman told me it is the identical fridge with a viking door for $1k more. I was definitely not willing to pay 1k more for a door, so went with the Jennaire.

o

We bought the CD Electrolux with the Perfect Temp drawer 3 months ago and it's been trouble-free. It holds temperature well and is a very quiet fridge. The first models had ice maker problems, but that's been fixed. An ice maker wasn't on our list of must-haves, but we ended up loving it. Our model doesn't have a water dispenser though.

We felt the Whirlpool products looked cheap in comparison. The other refrigerator we seriously considered was Fisher Paykel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here