Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerrod6

ElectraSol renamed to Finish

jerrod6
15 years ago

I check various sites once in a while so decided to see if anything was new in the ElectraSol Dishwasher brand. I went to Electrasol.com and was redirected to a new site telling me that ElectraSol has been renamed to Finish. There were pictures of diamonds all around and apparently they are selling Finish as a "The Diamond standard of dish washing." The site was launched on April 16.

Finish used to be sold in the USA decades ago and is made by the same company, Reckitt Bencisker of Germany, that makes Electrasol. I think Finish is sold throughout Europe, so it looks like they are consolidating names. The products are called Finish but still carry the name Electrsol underneath. They will most likely eliminate the Electrasol name completely in the future.

I have been asking these folks to create an enzyme powder detergent. All of their tabs have enzymes but their powder contains chlorine bleach which actually works just as well as enzymes for me. Not so good for items with gold on them though. I like Electrasol but would prefer an enxyme powder and not a tab.

The product line looks the same but I could not see the list of ingredients from the site. I will check them out at the store. I actually saw the detergent in the store this week but was not looking for DW detergent and didn't concentrate on it.

I checked out Finish in other countries such as Australia and see they are selling a 5 in 1 power ball tab and they also have a powder containing enzymes. In the UK the Finish site has the same "Diamond standard" format but there are a wider range of products available.

Comments (7)

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

jerrod--how's that stash of DW detergents doing? Is the pile getting any lower yet?

PS couldn't resist! Hope all is well with you!

• jerrod6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi cat mom

I am still working my way through my detergents. My current stash is:

Cascade Action Pacs with Dawn  9 pacs remaining
    Cascade Action Packs with Hydroclean bleach 8 pacs remaining
    Cascade Complete powder ¼ box remaining

Electrasol tabs with Jet dry  40 tabs remaining
    Electrasol tabs with Red ball  35 tabs remining
    Electrasol Powder with Chlorine beach ½ box remaining

Miele tabs - 120 tabs remaining. I only need ½ tab for most loads so this stuff is lasting forever.

I have enough detergent to last the rest of this year and maybe the next, but when I saw the new Finish web site my heart skipped a beat. Of course I want the enzyme powder sold in Australia and that 5 in 1 tab. I sent them an email about it, but I donÂt expect it will be available in the USA. Perhaps a blessing, otherwise I would have those too!

In my post I said Reckitt Bencisker was in Germany, but I think they are based in the UK.

I see you are still enjoying your OPTIMA - everyone likes them. A 1920Âs Art Deco building was turned into condos on the next street over from me. They are going for 2 to 5 Mil. I took a look at them. They have Miele washers and the kitchens have OPTIMA DW Â in my opinion a winner model!

• cat_mom
    15 years ago

We still have that one box of Cascade (pre-Miele) left. I used some the other day for the first time in months. I've gotten spoiled using the tabs, no measuring! I still use the full tabs. The 1/2 tabs didn't seem to give as dramatic a sparkling clean as the full tabs, but that could just be perceptual and not reality!

Yes, I'm still loving our Optima. I never did find out why two of our wine glasses were filmed or etched (didn't come off after a vinegar soak). I'm wondering if it happened to either or both glasses when they were in the bottom rack and I ran a rare P&P cycle(s). Otherwise, so far, so good....

• jerrod6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I can relax for now. I checked out the box of Finish with the Electrasol name printed below it. It is the same formulation - just different name, however I did send them an email whining about not having a powder with enzymes. Haven't had a response yet.

• carol_jk
    15 years ago

How can you tell if a product contains enzymes? I know Cascade Complete does, but it does not show that on the label.

• jerrod6
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sometime it mentions it on the box, sometimes it is on the vendors web site and other times you will need to go to the MSDS sheet which lists product ingredients.

Cascade complete powder,Cascade pure rinse powder, Cascade Action Pacs contain enzymes. Cascade pure rinse Gel contains chlorine bleach.

In my case the Electrasol Powder box says it contains chlorine bleach and you cannot mix this with enzymes so I knew enzymes were not present. The Electrasol tabs box says the tablets contain enzymes.