Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
gas cooktops

Posted by Bergs (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 12 at 23:31

I thought I had decided on an Elux EW36GC55G, then I read a scatheing review on it. It now is between it and the KA KFGS366VSS and the Whirlpool G7CG3665X. I am not sure which BTU configuration is better for me - more higher or lower. I tend to think that more of the simmer burners would be better. Finding reviews can be tough sometimes. Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: gas cooktops

Bergs:
Try taking a look on AJ Madison's (no affiliation with them) website for research purposes, they have a lot of cooktops with extensive descriptions and reviews.
I found the site to be helpful in making decisions.
Also, I'm sure other GW's will chime in on pros/cons. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: gas cooktops

o

I have scoured aj Madison, appliance.net, consumerguide, consumer search, etc., etc. Can you say obsessed?! This is tough because I read all these horror stories that scare the daylights out of me.

o

There are a few places that will give you a 2 week time frame to return it if you don't like it. Make sure you understand the terms of it though. Make sure the two weeks starts when you take delivery. Put it on your charge. You can contest the charge if you don't get what you paid for. At least as far as Electrolux ovens they have resolved issues here. Keep it in perspective, you are more likely to hear the horror stories. I have dealt with KA, Dacor, Electrolux and Wolf. Dacor was abysmal, KA just did not have the means to resolve my issue and since it did not affect the performance of the appliance, I let it go. Electrolux replaced my oven quickly when I had an issue with enamel. Wolf issue was very minor that they fixed on install-not sure what it was but they called and made sure everything was to my satisfaction. I would look at how they treat the customer first. I sure wouldn't want to have to nag to get service.

*****Check the reputation of the dealer-online reviews can be very helpful also BBB.

o

If you looking for a 400 BTU for sauce simmering, in addition to a 17K BTU central large cooking burner, you might look at the Bosch's: 36" Gas Cooktop NGM8654UC. Auto re-ignition is a great safety feature and nice to have. Maybe I'm missing it, yet I don't see it on the Whirlpool.

Bosch, I have heard from ChefTalk, is stepping up their game in Pro cooking with some nice features, although the above is their regular line. Just another possibility to look into. I have no affiliation with Bosch. As yourself. I am scouring for news on ranges, cooktops, ventilation et al.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here