Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Custom sized Blue Star back guard?

Posted by katy-lou (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 23:29

Has anyone done this? If so how expensive and how long did it take? Ideally we need one that was a half inch shorter than the 6" low profile one

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Custom sized Blue Star back guard?

You might think about ordering it with the 6", and remove and take to a sheet metal shop to have cut down off the bottom. Pretty sure they just attach with 5 or 6 screws, so new screw holes would need to be drilled as well. Or, if it's only a half inch, perhaps the legs on the range can be lowered to the minimum to get the clearance you need?

o

I don't think you could remove material from the bottom of the BG as that's where the mounting tabs/locations are. Probably better to remove some material from the top and have it reshaped. I just installed a 21" on mine, the burners need to be removed to get to the mounting flange which has the screw holes in it, it's a 2 piece, hollow unit (oven vents thru it) and mounts to both the back of the range and behind/under the burner grates. I think it would be relatively easy to cut it down from the top but like I said the oven vents through the back guard so I would want to know what's limiting it to under 6" in your case so that it wouldn't be damaged by the hot gases coming out of the BG.

o

Or you could just use the smaller island trim blackguard, which is what I have in my bluestar and just bring the tile or whatever backsplash you have down further.

o

We have a soapstone window apron and sill above so had wanted to tuck the stove in just under the stone. Need it slightly shorter.

o

...or order with the island trim, and have an extension made for that?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here