Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frigidaire vs Whirlpool

Posted by blue67 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 08 at 23:20

I am replacing my old electric stove (it has a wood panel backslash!) and installing an over-the-range microwave and dishwasher. As I'm likely selling my house the next 1-2 years, I'm looking for good quality appliances, not the very best.

Two brands that I'm looking at are Frigidaire and Whirlpool. Are there any differences in quality between the two? I was thinking that it would be best to try to match the appliances instead of getting different brands. My kitchen is very small.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frigidaire vs Whirlpool

I've owned both, rebadged gas ranges through Sears/Kenmore. They were both good stoves and perform well. Off-hand I'd say go with WP, it has a slightly more upscale "look" than Frigidaire does.

Wow, a wood panel backsplash - isn't it amazing what PO's will do? Mine stuck cheap vinyl stick-on floor tiles atop the counters, after painting the bottom cabinets dark brown and the top cabinets black. Who knows what they were thinking?!?

o
RE: Frigidaire vs Whirlpool

From what I've read it seems like Whirlpool overall has less issues.

The only reason I've been seriously considering Frigidaire is that it has microwaves that fit my space limitations (cabinet hangs lower than typical). I haven't been able to find other microwave that are about 16 inches in height.

Any other opinions about Whirlpool vs Frigidaire?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here