Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jameskyflny

modernaire vent hood

jameskyflny
16 years ago

To match a La Cornue Cornufe range, has anyone used a Modernaire vent hood? Or anything from that company? It looks like it will match wonderfully but I was hoping for some confirmation (or not) from owners and users. Any advice?

Comments (9)

• friedajune
    16 years ago

The Modern Aire hoods are beautiful. One poster on this Forum, Kib_2000, has a gorgeous white one. Another poster, Plumorchard, has a beautiful black one. So, the Modern Aires have been discussed on this Forum before. You can do a search on the forum, but in the meanwhile, here are a few threads:

Thread about Hoods for LaCanche Ranges

Thread about Modern Aires

• kelly_2000
    16 years ago

Ye--I do have a white-ish one, which they were able to color match to the RAL color ("RAL 9001") of my Lacanche Cormatin. I believe VentaHood can also color match to RAL colors, and they have some similar models. Look around and see if you can find pictures of RedRange's gorgeous kitchen, too--she has a red ModernAire hood matched to her Red Bluestar range, and it looks amazing.

Here is a picture of my hood/range
    {{gwi:1408880}}

• gingerginger
    15 years ago

I am on the point of ordering a black LaCanche Cormatin and am looking for a custom made hood. I'm willing to go with a Modern Aire, or a Vent-A-Hood, and am looking for a custom made one only because the Modern Aire and VAH internet sites are so intimidating.

My understanding is that the hood should have at least a 600 cfm fan, that it should extend forward over the entire range 30" from back wall, and that it should be 30" above the top of the burner grills. Am i right so far?

ginger in georgia

• remodelfla
    15 years ago

I think I read it should also extend over the sides of your cooktop by three inches on each side.

• clinresga
    15 years ago

gingerginger:
    We have ordered a Modern Aire liner for our Cluny 1400.

Here's the easy solution: Call Modern Aire, and ask for Jeff Herman, or email him at mavhoods@pacbell.net. He will make it incredibly easy. Tell him hi from Mark.

• gingerginger
    15 years ago

Thank you RemodelFla, and also Mark. I like the easy solution!!
    ginger

• polie
    15 years ago

kbl 2000, you have a beautiful kitchen! Oh my gosh. Stunning.

• gingerginger
    15 years ago

My Cormatin is now sitting in my garage, ready for installation, so I'm posting again, and wondering if during the past 9 months, anybody has further comments on venting these LaCanche ranges for optimal smoke/grease catchment from the 18K burner and wok work??

Ginger Paul

• masrapido
    14 years ago

Hi Ginger. I don't have any answers, unfortunately, but am likewise curious about people's experience venting LaCanche ranges. I am choosing a hood for my Cluny, and am trying to decide between 600 and 900 cfm vent-a-hood under cabinet models.

It's been a while. Have you got yours installed and working now? How is it?

Someone's here listening,
    Tim