Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thisishishouse

Bosch vs Jenn Air

thisishishouse
9 years ago

Are these two brands in the same league, as far as quality, performance, reputation are concerned?

We're trying to put together a set of appliances for a new home.

Started out looking at Bosch, mainly because of positive reviews around here & other places. Based on reading, we had our minds on the following:

• Bosch 36" Induction 500 series (NIT5666UC)

• Bosch 30" Single Benchmark Oven (HBLP451RUC)

• Bosch 24" Flush Handle 500 Series (SHP65T55UC)

• Sharp 24" Microwave Drawer (KB-6524PS)

I liked the looks/performance/price points of those models, and that Bosch is running a 10% kickback these days.

Went down to the appliance store to kick some tires. Got chit-chating with the sales rep, who mentioned that Jenn Air is running a decent promo too. Buy the cooktop & oven, get their supposedly high-end dishwasher free. Here's what he put together:

• Jenn Air 36" Induction (jic4536xb)

• Jenn Air Combo Oven [speedcook microwave over a convection oven] (jmw3430ws)

• Jenn Air Trifecta DW (jdb8200aws) - FREE, supposedly 1200 value.

Can't say I've read much about Jenn Air. I know they've changed ownership in recent years, seem to be making a new push into the mid-lux market.

Thier induction cooktop appears to bridge units, which the bosch does not. Their combo oven has a neato touchscreen cooking menu system that idiot-proof walks you thru cooking most types of items. The DW doesn't strike me as nice as the Bosch we had picked.

Any strong opinions one way or the other on those units or brands?

Comments (3)