Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele Optima discontinued. Now what?!

Posted by acgummad (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 22:40

Users on this forum talk most about their Miele Optimas. That's great, except for the fact that Miele changes their model names more frequently than my two-year changes her shoes. Given that the Optima has been discontinued, does anyone know which current model is MOST similar to this one? I'm looking for a 'middle-of-the-road' model, and it strikes me that the Optima was just that. What would today's equivalent be based on the key features and benefits of the Optima?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele Optima discontinued. Now what?!

Miele discontinues models and brings new models to market roughly every 4 years. I hope your two year old gets shoes more often. Optima II was discontinued almost two years ago.

The closest to Optima is Dimension.

Dimension Plus adds the Auto Open door to let steam out at the end of the cycle and extra quiet cycle. Plus it is about 2db quieter during the other standard cycles.

o

Optima = Dimension
Excella = Dimension Plus
La Perla = Diamond

o

Really helpful, thanks to you both. And yes, deeageaux, we change shoes more often than that. Hoping you were using a bit of a sarcasm to combat my sarcastic comment. ;-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here