Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pro Style Range Cleaning Behind

Posted by Tom2013 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 7, 13 at 22:30

I have a question for Pro style range owners. I am in the market for a 36" range and I see that the weight of these ranges is about 500 pounds. Has anyone moved their range to clean the sides or back? I see that Capital has wheels on the back but it would still be difficult to move it forward without some kind of casters that could be placed under the front legs. I move my old range about every three years and it gets pretty filthy on the sides.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pro Style Range Cleaning Behind

Nope, what you can't see won't hurt you!

o

Sure, I move mine regularly. But, then, mine is only a 30" range that is slightly over 300 lbs. (not 500 lbs.). It sits at the end of a run of counters, it is on hardwood-like laminate floor, and has furniture glides on the feet. I don't move it to clean the back of the stove, but, rather, to clean the stuff that can accumulate beneath and behind the stove.

o

Plastic furniture slides like the appliance installers use would allow you to move the range out without too much difficulty, but I wouldn't want to do it unless I knew something really bad was under there.

o

I have a 36" bluestar. I don't move it regularly by any means, but when it was being installed, we had to slide it in and back out at least a dozen times. I just removed all the cast iron burner grates, bowls etc along with all the oven racks. It lightened it substantially. It's still not something I'd do every week, but when you have to do it, it's possible.

o

I ordered my Bluestar with casters in the rear, then I just put furniture slides on the fronts and it slides out...ez pz.

o

Thanks for thr responses. It looks like furniture slides it will be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here