Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchenaid Dishwasher Model Changeover?

Posted by Chas1 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 22:24

Was looking at KA diswashers, and all the current and recently discontinued models have an X in the designation indicating a model series.

I have seen a printout of what appears to be a new B series.

In particular, the KUDE20FXSS is a current model.
I have seen a printout of a KUDE20FBSS, which is supposed to be a new series, but no info as to what, if anything is different.

There is some indication that the B series no longer has a left side vent. Anyone have info on this?

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchenaid Dishwasher Model Changeover?

hopefully they've figured out how to keep a significant number of them from catching on fire and leaking water.

o

I have looked at this model, and I like that it does have the third rack, but it does have the vent in the door. When asking if the steam comes out the vent (which would probably be bad for the attached cabinets), I get conflicting answers. Does anyone know? Has anyone had a problem with this dishwasher... leaking, wheels coming off, or if it actually cleans well? I have read that normal wash could be around 4 hours! I am also looking at a Bosch with a third rack and under $1,000. When asking an appliance repairman, he said if there were problems, it would cost twice as much to repair vs Kitchenaid. Please help....thanks!

o

Beansdreams,
your repairman unfortunately doesn't know what he's talking about when he says it would cost twice as much to fix a Bosch. The parts price for both is basically equal. The Bosch does have a full base but the repair time is maybe only 10% longer than on the KA. Also we notice that we don't do very many repairs with Bosch even though we sell alot of them.

o

Thanks jakvis! I do like the 800 series of Bosch...the lower basket seems to be a little bigger. The salesman at our local, family owned, appliance store must be trying to push the KA, because he said that the Bosch racks were flimsy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here