Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about new AG Wolf Range

Posted by LLVV (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 3, 13 at 22:14

We just bought an all gas Wolf range. It's the new model with sealed burners.

The burners work perfectly, however, I'm concerned about the oven. I had a cheap builder's special GE gas range that baked everything perfectly. I've been using the oven for about 9 days and it seems that it cooks everything slower than the GE one did. The inside of the GE oven was a little bit larger so I don't think that size is influencing the longer cook time issue.

We were about to get the oven serviced when my husband purchased an oven thermometer to see how much calibration the oven would need. Apparently, the Wolf oven's temperature is spot on perfect. Even during the cool-down and warm-up cycling there is very little temperature change so I don't understand why it's taking longer for things (across the board...cookies, casseroles, etc.) to cook. 350 degrees is 350 degrees so logically both ovens should things for the same amount of time but that isn't the case.

Anyone have any ideas why there is a difference in cook times?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about new AG Wolf Range

Maybe the old oven temp was high. ;-) Can you give us an example of what you are cooking and the time difference? It is possible that the thermometer you bought is off. You could always have Wolf come out and check it.

o
RE: Question about new AG Wolf Range

It sounds like the old oven ran high. How much longer are things taking? Are you pre-heating the oven properly?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here