Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Aid Oven

Posted by firsttimebldr (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 20, 13 at 22:09

I self cleaned my oven (KA KEBC 107) and it would not work again. Circuit breaker not tripped. Tried everything. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong. Thank you. Betsy.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Aid Oven

Betsy, Just google KEBC 107.

Unfortunately you will find more than you wanted to!

To answer your direct question, In many cases, the KA oven blows a thermal fuse, which is not all that easy to "DIY".

So that would be the first thing, either have an appliance repair shop get that fuse (FIRST), and then replace it, or get the fuse yourself and try a DIY, (adhering to proper safety standards),
IE Circuit breaker off for oven, (double check it) !

Googling , as I suggested you do, first shows this problem showing up in 2001, with later posts up to 2007 and later for the KEBC 107.

I think most of us here, would "Strongly suggest", to never self clean that model KA oven, and many of us here, never self clean our ovens either. I have an Electrolux, and alto they had a much smaller problem of self cleaning around 2009-2010, I still don't self clean it.

Gary

o

Assuming you are 'lucky', the problem will only be the thermal fuse. I believe I found the long thread on this issue. I didn't see anything precisely obvious jump out at me when I googled as Gary suggested. I assume when you tried 'everything', that it at least included turning the circuit breaker off and on even though it didn't appear to be tripped. If not, you might Really be lucky. Otherwise, normally the fuse failure leaves the oven door locked and no power. If that is your condition, then the logical assumption is the fuse.

fortunately, my oven didn't give me trouble so I don't actually know precisely where the fuse hooks up. It is on the back somewhere. I believe it should cost about $50. If you are handy and strong and can arrange a precise support, you should be able to slide your oven out and replace the fuse with (as Gary said) the power really off.

Here is a link that might be useful: The long thread.

This post was edited by chas045 on Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 8:35

o

I'd also recommend you tell all your friends about the quality KA product you have and the stellar service they are about to provide you !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here