Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acgummad

DW: 2 Bosch vs 1 Miele??

acgummad
10 years ago

This question may seem ridiculous, but bear with me...

I have a $2K allowance for DWs in my overall kitchen reno appliance budget. That means I can get 2 Bosch or 1 Miele. At least twice a week, I have two loads' worth of dirty dishes after dinner, but only currently have one machine so go to bed with a kitchen sink full of dirty dishes that I do when I get up in the morning. It's not a huge deal, but the price gap between these two brands is so large based on the models available that it, literally, is the difference between buying one or two machines.

So, question is... knowing that I have a full-time need for one unit, and a part-time need for a second unit, would you, in your opinion, prefer the scenario of two Boschs or one Miele? In other words, is the variance in quality between the two brands worth sacrifing the availability of one entire unit??

BTW, I've done a lot of searches on GW for Boschs and Mieles, and the threads that come up are so old that the only major benefit of the then-Mieles that anyone talked about was having that third cutlery rack, which is now moot as Bosch has since incorporated that into their interior design.

Comments (5)