Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trishateagirl

electrolux wave touch wall oven

trishateagirl
10 years ago

osted by trishateagirl (My Page) on Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 16:46
We just finished a complete kitchen remodel 4 months ago. Our Electrolux wall oven has never performed well. After purchasing an oven thermometer we discovered the oven was taking 30 minutes to preheat even after an indication it was ready. The perfect turkey mode has never work properly. We consulted the manual on adjusting the temperature with no better results. The service department is no help! We are very frustrated with the poor results whether baking,roasting or using convection mode. I am wondering if we are missing some directions/guidelines? Is any one having similar problems? We are ready to replace the oven!

Comments (11)

• juno_barks
    10 years ago

This is the oven I plan to purchase. So terrible to hear about your experience, am anxious to hear from other owners.

• novagreen252
    10 years ago

I have the same oven and see temperature swings of at least +/-10F. At first when set to 350F the oven dropped as low as 322F and as high as 391F. After running for an hour it seemed to stabilize to around 375F-390F. I used the temperature adjust feature to lower the temperature -29F. It now runs between 333F to 350F. Is this typical? I was hoping for better performance.

• mtimmer
    10 years ago

Funny...this is about the only appliance my wife and I have decided on our for remodel. On one hand, I am also interested in what other owners say, but on the other hand maybe I'll just keep my head down on this one since I don't need anymore indecision on this project. I do feel like this oven gets generally good reviews here.

• juno_barks
    10 years ago

mtimmer, you and I are totally in sync. If I didn't know better, I would think you were my husband!

• wekick
    10 years ago

"Posted by trishateagirl
    Our Electrolux wall oven has never performed well. After purchasing an oven thermometer we discovered the oven was taking 30 minutes to preheat even after an indication it was ready. The perfect turkey mode has never work properly."

My Elux oven preheats to 350F in about 7-8 minutes. Turkey mode works great. To me that would not be working right.

"The service department is no help! "

What do you mean by service department? What did they do to test it? Did they call Elux? Have you called Elux directly?

"We are very frustrated with the poor results whether baking,roasting or using convection mode. I am wondering if we are missing some directions/guidelines? "

Can you relate the specific problems? Have you used convection before? Some times even convection ovens are quite a bit different oven to oven and if you haven't had convection before it is a learning curve.

"Posted by novagreen252
    I have the same oven and see temperature swings of at least +/-10F. "

This is quite good as the usual swing for most ovens would be 25F degrees on either side of the set temperature and I have read of some with 35F degrees.

"At first when set to 350F the oven dropped as low as 322F and as high as 391F. After running for an hour it seemed to stabilize to around 375F-390F. "

Ovens need a little time to stabilize. For many things this doesn't matter but I usually turn mine on about a half hour before baking.

"I used the temperature adjust feature to lower the temperature -29F. It now runs between 333F to 350F. Is this typical? I was hoping for better performance."

I would bump it up a little and see if you can get it to go from 340F to 360F or 343F to 357F so that the average temperature is 350F. That is excellent performance if you can get it calibrated. Their are a couple of ovens that have a 2F degree swing but I think the actual cooking results are about the same. I had one like that and in order to have that narrow swing, it had some other issues and it really did not work very well.

• venmarfan
    10 years ago

A couple thoughts before calling warranty service and to avoid a non-warranty issue call

charge-was your circuit breaker changed to or was it already the correct amp size specified by Electrolux for your oven and is the power cable the correct specified minimum gauge size? Try turning the breaker off then back on, I don't know if one leg of double pole breaker can malfunction but I presume if so only 120 volts could result in slow heating. Ask an electrician, if that is possible maybe change the breaker if the 208 volt problem does not apply.

Is this circuit 208 volts or 240? Can this oven be used on 208 volts if that is what you have, I ask because my sister found out her Electrolux Icon dual fuel range REQUIRED 240, it would not work properly in the 208 volt downtown condo but it works fine in her suburban 240 volt equipped townhouse. I also have an Electrolux induction electric range that functions correctly , the oven portion being essentially the same as yours,so my thought is either your oven is defective or you have one of the above electrical issues, hope you resolve this quickly.

This post was edited by venmarfan on Mon, Apr 7, 14 at 23:40

• cj47
    10 years ago

I've had my Electrolux Wave Touch double ovens for 3 years, and they've worked beautifully. I've experienced none of the problems you've cited, and though I laughed at the Perfect Turkey button, I have to admit, it works very well.

When you say you called service, do you mean the vendor you bought it from, or Electrolux? If you aren't getting service from the vendor, I'd go to Electrolux and complain and see what they do for you. And, we'd appreciate hearing back to see how they responded. The ovens have gotten pretty good reviews here, and I've really been happy with mine, but if things have changed, we'd all like to hear about it. Thanks!

• juno_barks
    10 years ago

OK, I'm sticking with my decision to purchase the elux wave touch, but as a single. Almost decided to switch to the new bosch benchmark, but my layout does not accomodate the side-opening oven (sigh). Thanks for this informative discussion!

• trishateagirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

After having checked out all of your suggestions....temperature, amps(we had to install a new circuit breaker box for this remodel) and allowing extra preheat time...we called Electrolux again. The technician will be here tomorrow. Electrolux suggested it might be the thermostat or control board...we will see.
    Our oven is combined with the Electrolux wave touch microwave which works fine and the cabinet depth refrigerator which is also fine.
    Thanks for the great discussion. Will update soon.

• Cavimum
    10 years ago

Good luck with the Elux technician. We had one check our wave touch wall oven due to uneven browning. The guy was useless. Next I called our vendor, who sent out their technician. He at least had a brain, tested the interior temp, told me to give the oven 30 min. to completely and evenly heat up, etc. I swear the oven still browns unevenly ( darker toward the back) and am glad I don't use it for baked goods to sell, but at least the vendor's tech made sense when he spoke.

• trishateagirl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well the technician arrived and it was quite an interesting experience......after recording the oven high and low temperatures over an hour period of time, it was determined the oven was 30 degrees too hot. The temperature was adjusted and I was told to buy a number of boxed cake mixes! I now need to bake boxed cakes noting the cook time as compared to the directions and adjust the temperature until one comes out just right. Ugh! Any one hungry? It was also explained to me that this is typical of any electronic oven.