Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Difference between Electrolux Icon Pro vs Designer Rangetops???

Posted by Mom23Es (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 21:59

I'm thinking about getting an Electrolux rangetop. We need a 36" gas. Eletrolux makes two different gas rangetops.

Electrolux ICON Designer E36GC75GSS for $1,999.00

Electrolux ICON Professional E36GC76GPS for $2,699.00

I did the side by side comparison option on aj madison's website, and besides a few dimension differences and one being ADA compliant, I don't see the difference. In the written description, the Professional lists "Electronic Ignition/Re-Ignition" whereas the Designer just lists "Electronic Ignition" with no mention of re-ignition. Is that an added feature in the Professional series or is that just left out on the Designer's description?

Any words of wisdom as to why the professional rangetop costs $700 more than the designer?

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Designer Rangetop

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Link to Professional Rangetop

I just wanted to add another link to the Professional rangetop.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux Professional Rangetop

o
RE: Difference between Electrolux Icon Pro vs Designer Rangetops?

bump

o

Mom23Es, I looked at those a bit and while both offer sealed burners, it does appear there are some differences.

The Elux Designer Rangetop has black ceramic glass top and may or may not have auto re-ignite burners [Electronic Ignition: Yes). I didn't download the specs .pdf under "Info and Guides" on the Designer to better appreciate if the auto re-ignite feature is present. You may well wish to as it's an important safety feature.

The Elux Pro range has a stainless steel platform; black porcelain-coated basins beneath the burners, clearly states auto re-ignite [Electronic Ignition with Auto Re-Ignition: Yes], and also states a 270 degree turn to their hardy Pro knobs, a number not stated on their Designer series. Black porcelain basins are nice in that spills are not as easily seen as on stainless basins; I can't contrast with black glass as I have stainless.

It can be tough to tell the differences sometimes. Opening up two windows and lining them up to each other often helps me. Opening up the .pdf may get you further details: I'd want to have auto re-ignite for sure.

Good luck in your choice and enjoy which ever you choose.

o

I am running into the same thing with their cooktop. I confirmed and reconfirmed (twice) that it does not have auto-reignition. I am trying to figure out how important that is. My grandmother & mother lived without it. They didn't have the option like I do however.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here