Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you suggest a fridge with no freezer?

Posted by OntarioMom (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 21:29

Hi all,

We have decided to buy a fridge without a freezer (all fridge), as we will have an upright freezer in the kitchen in our new room (freezer will likely be inside a pantry so fridge doesn't need to match). We have room for a 30" wide fridge which we plan to recess (into closet in next room) so the fridge will only stick out the depth of the counter.

Can you recommend a good brand that sells a fridge only unit?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you suggest a fridge with no freezer?

We have 2 of the Electrolux Icon all-fridges (and 1 all-freezer, too). We've had them for 4 years and they do fine for us. The only thing that's a little odd is that the drawers attach to the shelf above, so that to take them out to clean, you not only have to empty the drawer, but also the shelf above it.

o

Oh, sorry, mine is a tad wider than 30"... about 32", I think.

o

Thermador is another manufacturer of fridge only, and SZ probably has some too, albeit more money, seems to me that I saw one made by Jenn-air too which are usually at or near the top for reliability ratings (Respondents to CR Surveys).

Gary

o

Thanks Gary and Rhome410 for your suggestions! I will check out the brands you recommended.

Has anyone heart anything about the Whirlpool SideKicks all fridge?

Thanks,

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here