Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Xpost- Have any of you ditched your toaster oven??

Posted by 2LittleFishies (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 18, 12 at 21:21

I want to. We are planning a double oven and Sharp drawer microwave in the island. I figured I'd get a nice toaster (just for toast- with slots) but our Oster Toaster oven from Costco is so big and ugly. However, we do use it a lot for chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, etc..
Wondering if we'll just end up using the full size oven for these things but I can hear DH saying "Why are we heating the big oven for these little things?"

I've considered a speed oven but The Advantium and the Electrolux are not able to be put in an island I believe. Not under counter only in wall. The appliance guy thought I was wrong but that's what the manuals say. I doubt I can do double wall ovens and a speed oven in the same area. Plus I'm barely 5' so I need to reach them! : )

Guerrero Update

Guerrero Update2

Guerrero Update

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Xpost- Have any of you ditched your toaster oven??

We have the Cuisinart toaster oven(from Costco) along with our Kitchenaid double over (with convection). I would never give up my toaster oven. But then my mom has a brand that I totally hate. So perhaps its your toaster oven. I picked the Cuisinart because its highly rated for baking and being a toaster.

o

I'm considering the same thing. I love my Cuisinart toaster oven, but plan on getting the Advantium. You're right the Advantium needs to be above counter (there is a certain number of inches).

o

Both models of the Miele speed oven can be installed under counter. It's a pricey way to replace a toaster oven, but perhaps you could live w/speed oven and one wall oven - I'll know how that works out in about six months!

o

RMS- I was just about to post that I just found out the Miele is able to be installed under counter! I'll have to check them out. Are there different models from Miele? Do they toast well?

o

I'm considering the same thing. I love my Cuisinart toaster oven, but plan on getting the Advantium. You're right the Advantium needs to be above counter (there is a certain number of inches).

o
RE: Miele speed oven

Two models H4044. $2300 or so, H4084 $3000. Hope it toasts well enough for the occasional toasting I do; will hold onto my conventional toaster just in case. I plan to install a Miele under counter in my island, one wall oven, and an inexpensive microwave in the cabinet above the oven for the times I want to use micro when speed oven is in use. For my family I'm thinking/ hoping this combination works well - time will tell.

o
miele

Thanks so much! Always a guessing game until you really start using the kitchen, right? I had previously been researching the Elux Speed Oven and the Advantium. Does the Miele do the same things? Anything they don't?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here