Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Small counter depth refrigerator

Posted by crl_ (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 4, 14 at 21:20

Hi,

We are in the planning stages of a remodel for a small kitchen. I would like to find a small, counter depth refrigerator. I am linking the LG model, which I had in a previous kitchen. I like the size, the price and the good reviews. The main downside is that it doesn't come in stainless and I have nearly new stainless appliances, include an induction range (Viking is too much $$$).

I see summit and liebherr and Fischer paykel alternatives, but the reviews don't seem as good and the price tag is higher. There are some other brands, but I don't even recognize them.

I do not want water or ice. I prefer bottom freezer, but can give that up for a dependable unit at a good price.

Any suggestions or thoughts? Thank you!

Any

Here is a link that might be useful: LG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Small counter depth refrigerator

I've had the Summit FFBF285SS for almost five years and love it. It's capacity is 13.8 cubic ft compared to the LG 10 cu ft. Reviews on Amazon, Home Depot and AJ Madison are favorable.

o

Thank you for pointing me to another viable choice!

o

BeanieBakes, are the sides of you Summit stainless steel?

o

I've been very happy with my Fisher & Paykel E522B - found a floor model for $999. Love the design - no problems so far.

o

I'm happy with my counter depth Samsung bottom freezer 21 cu ft in stainless. I got it on sale from Home Depot Canada. I like that it looks streamlined with no handles, and the LED turns off when not in use so the display is very discreet. I didn't want to spend a lot on my fridge. The only downsides are that the stainless shows fingerprints more than my expensive appliances. Also, some small dents have appeared - not sure how.

I think - in my price range - there tend to be a lot of lemon fridges so I was prepared for that. In my research I got the sense that LG had more lemons than Samsung, but I don't know for sure. I didn't do icemaker or water as those seem to cause a lot of disasters in budget fridges, and I didn't want to devote the space to it either.

o

Thanks everyone! I am looking at 30inches wide or less as well as counter depth so that does really limit the selection.

o

@Aliza - My refrigerator is in a cabinet and I pulled it out to double check the sides (has wheels on bottom, easy to move). The door is brushed stainless. The sides appear to be slightly different; I imagine they are painted to look like stainless, but it's a good match and quite attractive. I took some photos but am having computer problems. I'll try to post them at another time. The Fisher Paykel that Dennisgli has was my first choice, but it was too wide for the space.

o

So I pulled the Summit out of the cabinet space to show the side. Like I said, I think it may be painted to match the ss door, but it's attractive. The unit would look good without a cabinet in my opinion. I also prefer it to the black sides of many refrigerators that have ss doors.

o

I tried to resize the above image and don't know why it's so large. I have a lot to learn about posting images.

o

Thank you for the picture! That's so helpful.

o

crl, what refrigerator did you buy & are you happy w/ it?

Would love to hear what you did.

Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here